WTF.com strongly believes in free speech (and free pancakes
). Whenever possible, we attempt not to moderate or censor individuals without reason or with any personal vendetta whatsoever.
The above being said, this is a private site
. You are not entitled to anything. You do not have guaranteed rights. You have privileges. They can be removed at any time. Much like your favorite local bar, if you get too loud, obnoxious, or abusive, you will be bounced.
Here at wtf.com we know you have a choice in forums, and we thank you for choosing ours. Occasionally, our staff may find it necessary to pound your anus into a bloody throbbing prolapsed pulp. Should this flight become a cruise, please remember the life vest under your seat. Also the removable seat cushion can be used as a go fuck yourself device.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages and actions. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries.
Common sense forum etiquette applies. Some forums contain their own special rules. They are spelled out in the "sticky threads" which are usually designated with a pushpin icon located to the right of each title in the thread list.
You are also expected to read the SITE NEWS
. Important updates are posted within that forum. Remember, ignorance is not an excuse here.
- We expect people to act like grown ups and not call people names outside of "Taters & Haters". However, if someone calls YOU a name (specifically, YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE- not, you're acting like an ass), then they will gain warnings points. But the person that is being called the name is the one that needs to report it. If it is NOT reported from that person, then NOTHING will be done about it.
Also, we want to point out that we have an ignore system. If you don't like something that someone says on a regular basis, MAKE OUR JOB easier by putting them on ignore or just ignoring them!
- If you see spam or other clear violations of the Rules & Guidelines, then please report the post -- ONCE. No need to report it more than that. If you are just upset at someone because they are "pissing you off", then don't report them. We will be ignoring people that just report posts because someone is upset with what someone says and they don't agree with them.
RACISM & PHYSICAL THREATS
- These are not permitted on WTF.com. Any posts that we consider to breach this are subject to removal by our staff should we deem it appropriate to do so. The result will be swift (even when the person DOES NOT report it), no warnings.
STAY ON TOPIC
- Please keep posts in their proper forums. Read the descriptions of each forum by hovering over the title on the index page, numb nuts! You can also confirm this by reading the description on topic list pages (after clicking a forum title).
Try to stay on topic when replying to a thread. We're tired of seeing threads that start off on one topic, quickly generating into 12+ pages of truly worthless idle fodder in under thirty minutes. If you're going to go off on a genuine tangent, be considerate and start a new thread for the discussion. If you're going to use the threads for nothing but monosyllabic partial sentences to hold idle banter, at least do it in the proper forum (Brain Droppings, Taters & Haters).
- Any general disruption(s)
of the flow of threads, shouts, or other messages/postings, such as: annoying signatures, excessive quoting, scrolling (causing the viewer to scroll around unnecessarily), overwhelming use of colors, or other similar obnoxious behavior. Such infractions subject the member's content to editing by staff, or in extreme cases suspension or ban.
- Members who attempt to post personal information about themselves do so at their own risks. This includes websites, e-mails, instant message account names, personal photos, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Any member who takes it upon themselves to post information on another member because of personal vendettas are subject to removal.
Private Conversations are just that... PRIVATE! Any attempt to post all or partial private conversations in a public area of the site for all to see will result in removal of the information and your account banned.
- "Taters & Haters" is our anything goes / free-for-all / flame-fest forum. You're free to debate people's positions, ideas, etc. in other appropriate places. However, attacking the individual personally/calling them names is reserved for "Taters & Haters". So visit that forum at your own risk. Please note: While we are very flexible about flaming the member base here, it does have its limits in regards to lame repetitive threads on the same person (especially BY the same author). So please refrain from creating redundant threads with the same damn flame content over and over or you are subject to further action.
Keep in mind, that threats (on any postings site-wide) of physical violence, stalking, or racism are not tolerated here under any circumstances. You can do better than that lame crap.
EXPLICIT CONTENT / PORNOGRAPHY
- No posting of explicit content or pornographic pictures, avatars, videos, profile pictures, or outside links are permitted on this web site. Suggestive PG-13 is fine (such as cleavage or a thong), but no specific nudity (including, but not limited to: bush, hole, nips (aureole), or pole! lol)..
Postings (including, but not limited to forums, blogs, articles, visitor messages, shouts, profile messages, private conversations, comments, etc.) containing purely explicit and overly descriptive pornographic stories in text form (not just quick barbs or flames which are permitted) are subject to removal at any time. Any photo or video-related content is subject to the previous note above. We also reserve the right to take additional action on your account as we see fit in extreme cases.
ILLEGAL DISTRIBUTION OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS
- No "warez" talk or anything relating to illegal distribution of copyrighted materials such as movies, games, emulator "roms", software, music, television programs, web site designs, pictures, artwork, etc. Debating these issues is permitted, however directly incriminating yourself and your activities via your posts (whether using a link, or directly attaching or including material within a post) subjects the post or thread to be removed or edited at any time for our own protection, and yours.
SPAM / OFF-SITE LINKS
- Links to personal web sites (whether it is your site or a friends'), other forums, "good causes" or promotional links with referral or affiliate ids, etc. are forbidden and will be removed immediately. Spamming is not tolerated anywhere on this site, including (but not limited to) posts, comments, conversations, profile messages, shout box "shouts", custom title, status, usernames, etc.
Creating content containing "check this site out"-type material on the general areas of the site may be removed, and you may lose your access privileges if repeated (not to mention the negative impact it would have on the site linked to).
Examples of tolerated links
: Posting an excerpt from a news story or some other article OR posting some cool game or quiz in the designated areas that might be of interest to the community. All other personal or "check this site out"-type messages can only be placed in personal signatures (don't make it look obnoxious). A website can also be displayed via the "Homepage" link view-able on your profile, by editing your profile and filling in the proper URL field. Even in those areas, the link(s) may be removed for any reason, depending on anything as trivial as how well known or respected you are on the site or whichever way the wind blows or whatever foul mood we're in.
- When posting images, please consider adding them directly here as attachments or using a free hosting service such as Balls Go Here
, or Photobucket
, with the relevant credit given in each case. Linking directly to images hosted on other sites can be considered as bandwidth theft and is not good practice, as any linked images can be changed or removed from the host site at any time, resulting in future broken links.
- This is for quick blurbs, quips, and barbs. Generally speaking, it's for "shout outs". Please do not use this area for chat-type conversation, questions, or site concerns/bug reports. Please also try to limit multiple shouts in succession.
- This is when you post within a long dead (old) thread. Especially without contributing anything of substance to it. If you must contribute to an aging thread, be damn sure your contribution makes it worth the read, and the thread is still viable. If it's many years old, you'll likely want to start a new thread (and you can reference the old one if needed). If you're posting something inane, or posting to a thread in which a situation may no longer be viable, then you're necro-posting and will be warned.
- This is when you post successive replies without editing your previous post. This is especially frowned upon if it's a regular occurrence or within a short time of the previous post.
- Deliberate attempts at ruining story lines (such as from a book, TV show, movie, etc.) are not tolerated. When posting any information that divulges a surprise, such as a plot twist in a story, the use of Spoiler tags (eg: [spoiler]It's a girl -- 6 pounds 13 ounces, 18 3/4 inches![/spoiler]) and explicitly declaring spoilers is required.
- Signatures are available under all postings, provided that your account has been promoted. However, please note there are a few restrictions below:
- You may have a maximum of 250 maximum printable characters.
- You may have a maximum of 4 lines.
- You may have a maximum of 5 smilies.
- You may have a maximum of 5 links.
- You may NOT include any images.
Failure to comply with the above restrictions may result in the editing of the signature in question.
User Accounts / IP Addresses
1) You are permitted to have ONE WTF.com account ONLY
If you need more than one, please contact us
to let us know why. We have various methods of investigating this, so we recommend following this rule. If you do not, both accounts are subject to removal at any time. If you made a typo in your original name, then e-mail us before you make a new one so we know what you're doing.
2) Generally speaking, we request that only one account accesses this site via an IP address. However, we recognize that this may not always be possible. If your IP address will also be hosting a second or third account (siblings, significant others, etc.), it is required that you contact us
about this so we can record this in our records. We do not want such accounts to be accidentally flagged by our system or staff as suspicious second accounts. No one person is permitted two accounts on our site.
3) You are permitted a username of up to 15 characters. However, a variety of usernames are not permitted such as racist names or names similar to staff members and other well-established members.
4) All account information is to be kept confidential. You are also not permitted to login under another person's account at any time, even if they give you their permission and account information. If you give information out you will be banned, and anyone logging in to said account will also be banned.
Site Concerns and Staff Disputes
If you have a problem with the site
, site decisions and policies, or with a particular staff member you are to bring this to the attention of the administrators immediately and privately
. While we welcome public opinion and suggestions on how to make our site a better place we expect you to directly contact us
, through private means, about serious problems before running your mouth off. If this is not done, your posts are subject to removal or editing by our staff to protect this website so the administration can take appropriate action if necessary. Please leave a reasonable amount of time for a response, as we get a significant amount of e-mail per day. It's not unusual to wait 24-48 hours or more for a proper investigation and resolution.
This is only for extreme cases, we don't mind taunting staff in the appropriate areas or poking fun at the site in general (if you really search, we're extremely open in this regard). However, there are limits to our patience and good times as far as accusations towards our site/staff are concerned. Posts or threads are subject to removal or closure at any time.
Account Restrictions / Related Discussion
The same guidelines as set out in "Site Concerns and Staff Disputes" must be followed. In addition, the reason why a member is suspended, temp-banned, or perm-banned is between the parties involved. It is not a matter of public concern, nor should it be brought up by those not involved in the situation.
Just because something isn't specifically spelled out as being against the rules on this page, doesn't mean you won't get into trouble because of certain actions. The site initially started with less than a handful of rules, but due to several asshats, we've had to expand them. We do not like hearing "It wasn't in the rules" or "I didn't know". Ignorance and stupidity are not valid excuses here. If you are unsure if something will get you in trouble, we recommend contacting us
about it first. We reserve the right to update these rules at any time. We also reserve the right to do whatever we feel like because you have no rights, so stay awake...
Have fun, and thanks for adhering to these rules!