WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

µTorrent, an incredibly lightweight BitTorrent client

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.utorrent.com/
µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.

With BitTorrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files and bandwidth.

* Multiple simultaneous downloads
* Smart bandwidth usage
* File level priorities
* Configurable bandwidth scheduling
* Global and per-torrent speed limiting
* Quickly resumes interrupted transfers
* UPnP support (WinXP only)
* Supports popular protocol extensions
* Trackerless support (Mainline DHT)
* Localized to different languages
* Typical memory use less than 6 MB
* Incredibly small: 105 KB
This is a pretty cool client, it's incredibly small and light weight. It does lack some features that make clients like Azureus nice, but it's certainly not featureless. This might be a good option for people with slower computers or small amounts of RAM.

Nevermind, I figured BitTorrent out and I'm still sticking to Limewire.

Jung

???
Premium
Aside from the fact that Limewire is total crap, BitTorrent isn't much better unless you have access to good trackers. Most people don't though, so I don't totally understand the torrent craze myself.

Awkward Silence

Perplexed Bemusement
The other good thing: utorrent doesnt need installing meaning portability. Its ideal for large pen drives and remote hard drives.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
I tried torrents for, say 5 minutes before realizing how ridiculous it is to use those things. You have to search for torrent sites through the internet, rather than searching through the filenames of peers. Why wouldn't they just make a torrent tracker that does that? Oh yeah, cause 80% of the people who use it are freeloaders who don't share jack shit.

Bearshare Pro works really well for me, so I'm sticking to it.