WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines 100,000 Iraqi Civilian Deaths

tzedek

Original Member
LINK

A survey of deaths in Iraqi households estimates that as many as 100,000 more people may have died throughout the country in the 18 months since the U.S.-led invasion than would be expected based on the death rate before the war.
hmmmm....

The scientists who wrote the report concede that the data they based their projections on were of "limited precision," because the quality of the information depends on the accuracy of the household interviews used for the study.
well, thats just great.

one other thing i would like to point out:

"Most individuals reportedly killed by coalition forces were women and children," they said.
well yeah, of course they are you jackass. seeing as how "women" account for half of the adult portion of a population and "children" account for all of the non-adult portion.

of course, this number is shockingly high. But i dont know this jackass already said that it isnt a very precise study so what the fuck is the point of publishing it? maybe they have some kind of agenda with the election being less than a week away and all

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Whatever the number is, it's at least tens of thousands of people who were killed for no reason at all...

tzedek

Original Member
Yeah, i think the government estimates somewhere between 10,000 and 30,000 civilians... this of course being the same people who told us that there are "stockpiles of WMDs"

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Of course there was a shitload of civilian deaths.. Bombing Baghdad is like bombing new york... It's full of people... But since Saddam is an evil tyrant who killed 5000 kurds in 1988, it's ok to bomb bagdad even if 30,000 more people are going to die.

How many kids got back home to find their whole family killed? Probably a couple hundreds or thousands in 18 months? Well if I was one of these kids, my only goal in life would be to kill the bastards that did it... Let's say I wouldn't hesitate to shoot down a black hawk with a rocket launcher.. Blood will follow blood, it's sad but true. The more people you will kill outside the US, the more people will wanna blow up shit inside the US.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Its mostly because of bombings.. And suicide bombings from their own friggin people.. Crazy bastards..

Thats got to such though.. The death toll I mean..

Who would ever go and blow themselves up..

breakology

Kiss my Converse
p99 said:
Its mostly because of bombings.. And suicide bombings from their own friggin people.. Crazy bastards..
Agreed, they do a better job of killing of themselves than we ever did. The general public has the popular mis-conception that iraqi civillians are killed in the wake of attacks on the coalition. Thats bullshit, they target their own people. There were no coalition forces at that police station they bombed last month, they just executed 50 ING soldiers, they send VBIEDs to checkpoints at 0730 ... not to hit the soldiers manning the checkpoint, but to kill iraqis on their way to work in the international zone.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
p99 said:

Thats got to such though.. The death toll I mean..

Who would ever go and blow themselves up..
Yeah they kill iraqis that collaborate with the coallition (police officers, etc).. That's fucked up, but the bombings of the coallition kills alot more iraqis than the suicide bombings and the iraqi attacks on other iraqis..

there are lots of old arguments between tribes and clans there.. I don't think we can understand that right now.. But yeah, to blow yourself up you have to be super pissed.