WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat 11 Children in Ohio, Found in Cages.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
"It sounds too sick to be true, but police in Ohio have recovered 11 disabled children who were forced to sleep in cages.

The adoptive parents of the children are denying any neglect and tell police they thought it was okay to place the children in 40-inch-high cages.

The ages of the children range from one to 14 and suffer from conditions of autism and fetal alcohol syndrome. The children were found by a children's service investigator.

So far, no charges have been filed. "

Link to many other sources: Link

Holy crap. The parents said a shrink told them to do this.

Yup. This was on the front page of the newspaper today. WTF is wrong with people? :mad:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
canadian_pov said:
I'm all for gun control, but some people...
Good gun control is only shooting the stupid people.

UberSkippy said:
Or the assholes, I say we should have legislation-enforced castration of assholes, to both eliminate them from the gene pool, and to help reduce global overpopulation.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
voiceofreason said:
This has been a "disappointing" month for humanity...
Has there ever been a month that wasn't?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
November of '82 gave birth to a new hope for civilization. It was realized in the following year, that that hope was completely unfounded, and better put into something worth it, like a new way to artificalize Velveeta.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
The idea that these people are trying to deny there is a problem with this is astounding. You should have to have a license to breed.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Sorry I'm tired, and I missed that by a mile. I re-read it.

Why does that just make it worse? I mean if they gave birth to these kids and abused them, that's horrible. They adopted them and then abused them? It just seems even worse. Wow.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
UberSkippy said:
the only good gun control is making sure theres no guns....

That even made me angry, and I hate kids. I don't like them yelling and all that stuff little kids do but I'd never put my own kids into a cage.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Some people shouldn't be allowed to adopt, they're not some thing you keep in cages, they're people.

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
The adoptive parents of the children are denying any neglect and tell police they thought it was okay to place the children in 40-inch-high cages.
You have to wonder, firstly, how 11 children were placed with these "adoptive parents" and no one at any point in the vetting process thought there might be something amiss.

Secondly, how someone in there right mind thought it would be okay to cage a child begs the question as to whether these people were mentally competent to deal with children in the first place!:(