WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines 15-year old boy gets stabbed to death over Ipod

Source

15-year-old from Pennsylvania was stabbed to death last night in Brooklyn after a group of youths tried to steal an iPod that he was listening to, police said yesterday.

Christopher Rose was waiting at a bus stop at 5:30 p.m. with several friends after playing basketball when he was accosted by seven youths, who demanded his digital music player, police said.

Twenty minutes later he was lying in Kings County Hospital dead from two stab wounds to the chest.

An eyewitness said that the youths approached Christopher and his friends, which included two other 15-year-olds and an 11-year-old, and asked for his iPod.

John Riley, 19, was across the street when the stabbing happened and said he believed the young men to be Crips gang members because they were wearing bandanas in their hip pockets, which is known as "flagging."

Christopher refused and shortly after blows between the two groups began to fly, said Riley. One of the attackers grabbed the 11-year-old in a headlock.

"After that a whole fistfight broke out," Riley said. "I just heard yelling."

During the mayhem, Rose, who is known as "Rosie" to his friends in Bushkill, Pa., fell to the ground stabbed.

The attackers fled with three backpacks and the sneakers of three of the victims, police said.

"It's not even his iPod," said his mother Sharon Rose, 48. "He probably just borrowed it to listen to music." Rose, who lives in Brooklyn with Christopher's three sisters, said ironically she recently received some promotional mail lauding New York City as safe.

"That might be so, but not here," she said, weeping. "I don't feel very safe right now. My son is dead."

Christopher lived in Bushkill, Pa., with his father Errol, 53 and visited his grandmother during the summer, holidays and weekends

There have been no arrests and the police have not recovered the iPod.

==

i have a few things to say about this....
1. what the fuck. are people so low as to stab a kid in front of another 11 year old just for a fucking ipod?

2. criminals suck. if they spent as much time getting a job and/or education as they did trying to screw the public over, they could be better off than just robbing somone of a 200 dollar piece of electronics

3. dumb. just plain dumb.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
doesnt surprise me... few years ago a kid got stabbed over pokemon cards.

Darklight said:
doesnt surprise me... few years ago a kid got stabbed over pokemon cards.
heh, kids these days, in school ive seen fist fights over ketchup and cranberry juice... yes... accual fist fights :cookie:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
OuttaControlX said:
heh, kids these days, in school ive seen fist fights over ketchup and cranberry juice... yes... accual fist fights :cookie:
why on earth would someone want ketchup and cranberry juice? thats just nasty... :sickpuke:

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
I've seen a fight over monopoly, that was pretty awesome. I always try to keep some sort of sharp object with me. Weather it be a pocket knife, or even car keys to put in my hand to punch someone. You can never be too sure if you're going to get jumped, well, in my town anyway.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i really dont think they stabbed him over the ipod it was the fact that they demanded something and didnt get it.

a friend of mine was involved in a bullshit gang a while back - they use to do some really stupid stuff like this. people just dont think! no matter what there age.

guns dont kill people
people kill people!

this kind of thing makes me sick
thank god i live in canada

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
canadian_pov said:
this kind of thing makes me sick
thank god i live in canada
Dude this type of shit can happen anywhere.

yes but the murder rate in canada is somewhat lower than it is in america. though i grant you that ipod theft does happen here.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
canadian_pov said:
yes but the murder rate in canada is somewhat lower than it is in america. though i grant you that ipod theft does happen here.
Agreed!

Jung

???
Premium
canadian_pov said:
Yeah, but take into account that Canada's population is insignificantly smaller and you get a comparable number. Crime happens everywhere, and Canada isn't some magical safe haven.

Slacker

Postaholic
Thats exactly why i don't like Ipods is because everybody has them and people steal tem from you. Plus they suck up your money. :thumbsup:

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Linksy said:
Thats exactly why i don't like Ipods is because everybody has them and people steal tem from you. Plus they suck up your money. :thumbsup:
Hmm... ok.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
Linksy said:
suck up your money?

junglizm said:
Yeah, but take into account that Canada's population is insignificantly smaller and you get a comparable number. Crime happens everywhere, and Canada isn't some magical safe haven.
it actually isnt comparable, there is crime, yes, but nothing like the number of murders, this may have to do with the higher rates of gun ownership

Linksy said:
well, if you download music they can actually save you money

Slacker

Postaholic
icka said:
suck up your money?
Well my freind said she had one and sdaid she spent over $200 dollars in one month. I don't know why she did, but i just don't want to spend that kind of money for music.

Linksy said:
Well my freind said she had one and sdaid she spent over $200 dollars in one month. I don't know why she did, but i just don't want to spend that kind of money for music.
she probably uses itunes too much