WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines 19 primary schoolchildren on HIV drugs after prank with needle

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
After an 8-year-old girl pricked her schoolmates with her mother's diabetes-testing needle nineteen primary school students have had to be been placed on drugs to fight HIV because one child in a group of nineteen was discovered to be HIV positive.

Although authorities say the odds of the needle transmitting the virus to the other children were extremely low, the drugs should reduce the amount of the virus in their blood or slow the progress of the disease. The drugs do not cure HIV infection or prevent transmission of the virus and experts have ruled out the possibility that the child who tested positive for the virus could have been infected by the needle prick.

Roger Pomerantz, head of the infectious-disease division at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia says the drugs will stop the virus setting up in body cells if it has been contacted.

Officials say the girl at Taylor Elementary school was suspended and will probably be moved to another school, it is unclear why she pricked the students.
Medical news!

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
What they failed to mention was how the girl got the needle in the first place. Does the mom just leave it lying around?

G's-up

Postaholic
Thats some scary shit.....we had an incident out here with some 6th graders taking ecstacy, speed and some over the counter cough meds ... sent them all to the hospital...not as bad as the HIV needle but its very scary.....12 year olds are already having babies and doing drugs........its sad... :(

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
When kids are that age, they shouldn't even have to know about HIV and drugs and babies. I know that they have to know, but they shouldn't have to.

:thumbsdn:

ferengi

Yay fire!
Kid needs a good ol' fashioned ass-beatin' if you ask me, and so does the dumbass mother for failing to secure her syringes in a place her child is unable to gain access to.

If I was the father of one of the children who were poked, I'd be after blood, be it from the school, the mother, or anyone else that could be held the least bit responsible. :sword:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Wow does that suck. I feel for the families of the innocent children. Fucking stupid parents that let their kids go wild so they think they can do whatever little thing pops into thir dumb little empty heads. Fuck! That is just evil.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
That is a pretty big scare. Crazy.
I bet the mother is regreting leaving that around... :rolleyes:

n00b head

The pron storer
That is very sick especially if the kid meant to spread disease. What happened to the good old thumbtack on the chair?

Descent

Hella Constipated
How the FUCK does an 8 year old have HIV?

That's just fucking sick...

I think we can rule out blood transfusions, even though only 3% are checked. I'm guessing some kind of molestation or something.

*VOMITS ON FLOOR*

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Try reading the article.
After an 8-year-old girl pricked her schoolmates with her mother's diabetes-testing needle nineteen primary school students have had to be been placed on drugs to fight HIV because one child in a group of nineteen was discovered to be HIV positive.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Descent said:

Did you ever have health class?

The child could have contracted it from her mother at birth, HIV doesn't always develop into full blown AIDS.