WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
almost finished reading the george orwell novel, and it's fucking terrifying

i'd hate to be locked up in the Ministry of Love receiving regular beatings, extremely painful "re-education" sessions only to have a bullet put through your head at the very end.

on the other hand, i have learnt some new words such as "oligarchy"

remember folks

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

TWO PLUS TWO MAKE FIVE

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
So do you belive in slavery??

That's a good book. It's one of the few that I enjoyed reading for Summer Reading for my Senior year of high school. Welcome to the future of the United States if we keep on the road we've been on.

Edit: I'm_Darth_Vader, have you read the book?

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
its a great book, i thoroughly enjoyed it, have you read the books 'a boy called it' and its sequels? gruesome as hell but its great....

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
tiger_86 said:
That's a good book. It's one of the few that I enjoyed reading for Summer Reading for my Senior year of high school. Welcome to the future of the United States if we keep on the road we've been on.

Edit: I'm_Darth_Vader, have you read the book?
he obviously hasn't

Slacker

Postaholic
well I'm_Darth_Vader is my bro and im sure he hasn't read the book...............

Linksy said:
well I'm_Darth_Vader is my bro and im sure he hasn't read the book...............
That explains why he doesn't understand the quote "Freedom is Slavery."

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
all of george orwell's books have similar themes. i've almost finished reading animal farm, which i might start a new thread about.

the whole time i was reading 1984 and animal farm i was thinking, "hang on, this all sounds very familiar"

totalitarian regimes and communism exist in abundance throughout the pages of history

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Eric Blair is a genius.

In my opinion, this novel is a very scary and timeless book.
The idea that the twisted world in this story could one day become our own is enough to scare the shit out of me.
But Blair didn't write a thriller; 1984 is how fucked up our lives would be if we were under totalitarian rule.
Even if you remove all the politics, the slow, cancerous breakdown of Winson's basic human desires still makes this book an excellent read.

I would say more, but I don't want to rape the book for anyone that hasn't read it yet. This novel is the most depressing and most powerful piece I ever read. If you want to be challenged psychologically and intellectually, READ IT. For your own sake, for humanity's sake.

Only then will you know what it means to be free.

bombchu said:
Eric Blair is a genius.

In my opinion, this novel is a very scary and timeless book.
The idea that the twisted world in this story could one day become our own is enough to scare the shit out of me.
But Blair didn't write a thriller; 1984 is how fucked up our lives would be if we were under totalitarian rule.
Even if you remove all the politics, the slow, cancerous breakdown of Winson's basic human desires still makes this book an excellent read.

I would say more, but I don't want to rape the book for anyone that hasn't read it yet. This novel is the most depressing and most powerful piece I ever read. If you want to be challenged psychologically and intellectually, READ IT. For your own sake, for humanity's sake.

Only then will you know what it means to be free.
Who's Eric Blair?

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Yeah, Animal Farm has essentially the same thematic material as 1984, but 1984 has a much better story.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
dookie said:
1984 should be a disney animated movie

how cool would that be?
1984 a fucking disney movie?
Did you even read the book?

Yay, let's have Simba limping around with all these varicose vein popping out of his hind legs, and get Gaston to be his butt buddy.
They can sing songs in harmony about communist oppression as they prance around in front of a Big Brother poster.

YUCK FOU!!! said:
never read animal farm, im guessing it aint as good?
Animal Farm isn't as good. It's a bunch of deep ideas crammed into a children's book. Less worth the read than 1984 imo...