WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines 20,000 dead in Earthquake in Asia - Wow...

Boycott

Soul Doubt
"Pakistani Interior Minister Aftab Sherpao said at least 19,136 people have died in Pakistan alone, and 41,000 are injured. The majority of those deaths are thought to have occurred in Pakistani-controlled Kashmir."

A lot of affected areas aren't even accessable due to mountains etc...

Anyone else have a feeling the world doesn't want us here?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/10/09/quake.pakistan/index.html

I just saw this in my newspaper, that's some crazy shit. I wonder what effect it'll have on the politics of the region...

Kaabi

Flame Bait
Damn that really sucks... what a world we live in.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
we are killing the earth with polluting it and war and stuff..it hits back..and it too doesnt give a shit who dies.. :(
it's sad.. :( now I'm sad..

wassa_123

Better Than You
Stardust said:
we are killing the earth with polluting it and war and stuff..it hits back..and it too doesnt give a shit who dies.. :(
it's sad.. :( now I'm sad..
Because we as a race crave power and knowledge. We can never have enough we get some and then we want more and more, and the way it looks know the people in charge don't care how much damage they cause.

what's really funny is that i didn't hear about this in the states until sunday morning.....

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
I just saw a thing on the news that the death toll is rising.

It is probably old news because it was at the end of the Nascar race I had to record today and finally got a chance to watch it. I don't watch the news. Too depressing.

They are saying between 20,000 - 30,000.

That is just insane.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
we have to remember the population density in two of the effected countries, india and pakistan, is very high.. in my opinion this is why it seems that disasters are getting worse, because there are more people than in the past and because we are over populated we have more people living in dangerous areas.. coastlines, floodplains, stormpaths, faultlines etc..

also, in pakistan and india the buildings aren't up to code and certainly aren't designed with earthquake in mind..
one thing i haven't seen mentioned in the media, assuming osama bin laden is still in the pakistan/afghanistan border area, this could've either flushed him out or actually buried him. awaiting news on that one.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I wonder if the people in charge of the area are going to "Declare War against Natural Disasters!"? Bush and these people could make a case of it.

OK now that the sarcasm is done, wow, that sucks. Whole lot of people killed, and I'm sure lots more are screwed with nowhere to live and water and all the usual stuff too. Not good.