WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe 205 lbs of Meat

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I'd like to seriously know what God's plan is for us. Now, understand, I'm not going to bash any beliefs here - just hear me out for a second. According to scripture and the firm belief of many Christians, there can be no alien life forms in existence. I know that I'm reaching here, but I'm pretty sure that God was not born in Ohio. That being said, does that not make Him an alien being? Alien from this world we live in. L. Ron Hubbard is turning over in his grave right now; I don't have any time for Scientology because I do not think that any one religion is any better than the other so long as you congregate peacefully.

Now, I do know that Mr. Hubbard was in fact deep into the 1% of the population that is part of many clandestine activities. With that said, it is a safe assumption that Hubbard was privy to much more information about our lives than that of the average reader seeing this dribble right now. What does all this mean? If God loves us so much why does he allow such pain and hatred to His creation? That is tantamount to my casting of a child into oblivion because he has "free-will". I dunno, I'm confused. In a million years I would never do that to someone I love. What's more - I wouldn't do that to someone I hated if I was capable of such an emotion.

God has a plan for us? I'm beginning to think that this plan parallels the very same plan the farmers have in Kobe, Japan. Moo? I'm sorry if this information is offensive. Gathering information is not a bad thing. The more you know the better your understanding. The problem here is that we do not know, we can't know or do not want to know because most refuse to think objectively. Final thought: Fear is a very powerful emotion that drives most of what we do everyday. Something or someone SOMEWHERE, almost certainly benefits from this. We are not the benefactors.

I'm not asking for anyone to change their lives. But rather that you know that 'group think' is poison more often than not. "They said it is true - so it must be." Think for yourself. Gather the evidence and draw your own conclusions. Thanks for reading.

Yours Truly

Mr. Thinks Too Much ~

/rant

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
The whole reptilian style running of the planet by the richest 1%? The complete enslavement of mankind by fear and desire for useless crap while being united through division that leaves the brain gasping for an original thought?

Go back to work everyone, nothing to see here.

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
(Well, it can be fun to play along, may I ask what scripture you're citing with regards to alien life forms? Something fuzzy escapes me there or maybe you mean something more plainly obvious. I always kinda thought the idea of God as Christians know it to be alien if you look to it kind of literal that way, as you're suggesting. But certainly not if you look from another perspective, like 'God made man in his image,' so, like most points two sides get wrapped up in, interpretation can depend entirely on the angle from which you look on. If I look from the viewpoint his only begotten son was birthed of an immaculate conception, well, certainly, that's alien and, yes, where did God materialize from then himself? 'All things are possible in God.'-:D I dunno.

'If God loves us so much'-- What about trial and tribulation, maybe this is purgatory?:D Where does scripture suggest you're not always being tested somehow?..

It is funny with all that begat stuff how it never really comes to light how God was supposed to have gotten here, what is there about it except for something beyond vague in first chapters?-I don't remember.

Certainly a lot of Good has come from some religion, regardless, not hardly just mind control, as it were. (Government, the state is more of a controlling force than any and with all sorts of evil irons in the fire.)

I think if people want to take something on faith, that should be just fine up to the point it tells them to kill the nonbeliever for a few virgins waiting in heaven. Modern day Christianity doesn't see too many nutjobs blowing themselves up in crowded avenues.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
The Bible. The Greatest Story Ever Told.

Jack and The Beanstalk was pretty interesting too.

I'm not an atheist nor am I religious. Everything Man has ever penned has historically been accompanied by a hint of bullshit. Therefore, I will forever remain neutral. Neither here nor there - so I won't be completely wrong. I was watching a show last night where this guy was saying something along the lines of Scientology that God and Jesus were straight up parasitic aliens feeding on our emotions. It was really way out there in right field, but it did make a bit of sense. That's what made me think of the Kobe cows.

These animals, as you may already know, are extremely pampered. They live the high life being fed beer everyday. They are constantly brushed and kept calm. Safety reassured. For animal standards they pretty much live like kings. Unfortunately, these animals are oblivious to their keepers intentions. Because of some words in a book, words that any theologian will tell you is ridiculously inaccurate. But that in itself, is a completely different story to tackle another day.

Bees serve our purpose. We do not kill the hive in spite of the honey. We are masters of all that live below our tier. Essentially, we are parasitic as well. Sucking the life-force of many different plants and animals for our purpose. "Created in His image." How can we be so cocksure that we are not tiered to nothing more than that of a turd in the herd? We are animals after all. With the exception that we can wonder.

Again, this was not meant to offend. I just cannot in good conscience be that turd in the herd and think just like everyone else. History is dictated by those who want us to know what they want us to know. And that is all you can know. It doesn't necessarily need to be this way. I am not a heifer. I have the ability to think critically. The thirst for new knowledge will always be there, and I will continue to question. Up until the second coming if need be.

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
It is the greatest story ever told, lol, no other has permeated so many cultures the world over as The Bible.:)

Everything Man has ever penned has historically been accompanied by a hint of bullshit.
--I've thought that myself.

I think that's all reasonable, though if you hadn't said anything about your Scientology I'd only have remembered Tom Cruise jumping around on Oprah's couch.

Yeah, that is some way out there parasitic stuff but pretty fun if you think about man being created in God's image, hahaha.--I don't know about the cows either but lovely analogy in particular.:) I'm not sure what you're talking about isn't alluded to in The Human Condition, not just 1984. Maybe it's something else, something about a soma.lol Carol Quigley wrote a bit about it, I think.

When you begin drawing the bee analogy, I go to the whole plutocrasy thing here, or what is it called? Anyway, yes, like we're so many drones to the Queen. Same as it ever was.

We *are* all turds. History *is* dictated by its authors.

And if God really does this shit while we squirm like rats in a maze, just for some horrible trial period, I'm not excited about that either, it's terribly cruel. But I'd rather do what's right to begin with and it ends there for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: gehtfuct

Lioness

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ah, the all time wonder of the world... what is my purpose in life?

I've had my moments of wanting to know exactly what the truth of life is all about. I did a lot of searching and I found a lot of shit written differently that basically said the same thing but not.

Then life came in and screwed me nine ways. God or no god, I chose to get myself through the crap and see the brighter side. I believe some folks would say that's my free will kicking in.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't care what the plan or purpose is that "God" has planned out. I've been driving this car for a while now. I put the gas in and if I hit a snag in the road, I deal with the flat tire, the front end alignment and so forth.

My purpose in life is to do the right thing. Enrich my life to the best of my abilities. Be a good person. Pretty much live by the Golden Rule.

What do I know for a fact? I know that when I smile and someone smiles back, that makes me feel good about myself. When I do good things with the time and air I breathe, I feel better about being on this planet.

Do I believe? Yes. I believe in the power of anything founded in love and goodness. I don't want to label it or define it. That just creates restrictions and negativity.

Yes, it's hard as hell to feel pain and try find a way to turn that into a positive experience. Sometimes it just boils down to being thankful you can feel the pain.

• 1Like
Reactions: skroo'd

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
I think that too sounds a fine outlook.

-About 'God's plan' and some other (cliche') references, I often chalked them up to be, well, generic, you know, like as in the 10 Commandments kind of plan, lol; is that not a pretty predesignated path?:shrug:

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'm not asking for anyone to change their lives. But rather that you know that 'group think' is poison more often than not. "They said it is true - so it must be." Think for yourself. Gather the evidence and draw your own conclusions.
Atheism is not group think? Children are turned into atheists in school. Everywhere you turn there is social pressure to abandon or suppress religion.

Funny how many people believe life exists due to some process like abiogenesis when it cannot be observed or replicated.

Oh, but the horrors of religion. I saw these religious fanatics eating pizza at CiCi's after Sunday service. I mean, actually eating it. Imagine that. Fucking freaks.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Atheism is not group think? Children are turned into atheists in school. Everywhere you turn there is social pressure to abandon or suppress religion.

Funny how many people believe life exists due to some process like abiogenesis when it cannot be observed or replicated.

Oh, but the horrors of religion. I saw these religious fanatics eating pizza at CiCi's after Sunday service. I mean, actually eating it. Imagine that. Fucking freaks.
I agree with you about the obvious conditioning. And the pizza thing. I also made mention that I am not an atheist.

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
I agree with you about the obvious conditioning. And the pizza thing. I also made mention that I am not an atheist.
Right, you said you weren't atheist or religious, though you still seem to associate the divinity with the one from scripture, then denounce it. However, I am not sure that the Bible says anywhere that there are no aliens. It seems all religions believe in places outside of Earth that are inhabited by beings capable of human contact and earthly visits.

The obvious effort to eliminate/suppress/distort religious practice kind of shines a light of credibility onto it. Especially for the faithful. Why are people trying so hard to keep it from the masses, while groups like the Free Masons work to preserve it? In order to be a Mason, you must believe in a higher power. Any higher power. They don't want men who are spiritually unplugged. Why?

It might actually take an honest-to-darwin atheist to provide an answer full of shit enough for that question.

Edit: I'm not really asking you to explain your views. I just don't understand, and I guess that's fine.

Jung

???
Premium

Right, you said you weren't atheist or religious, though you still seem to associate the divinity with the one from scripture, then denounce it. However, I am not sure that the Bible says anywhere that there are no aliens. It seems all religions believe in places outside of Earth that are inhabited by beings capable of human contact and earthly visits.

The obvious effort to eliminate/suppress/distort religious practice kind of shines a light of credibility onto it. Especially for the faithful. Why are people trying so hard to keep it from the masses, while groups like the Free Masons work to preserve it? In order to be a Mason, you must believe in a higher power. Any higher power. They don't want men who are spiritually unplugged. Why?

It might actually take an honest-to-darwin atheist to provide an answer full of shit enough for that question.

Edit: I'm not really asking you to explain your views. I just don't understand, and I guess that's fine.
Frankly, you are asking dumb and loaded questions.

Abiogenesis is just as shaky to thinking people as all the religious magic. The only honest answer is that we don't know why there is existence rather than non-existence, so everyone taking it upon themselves to make things up, or believe in bronze age mysticism, are just as clueless as we are. They're just not honest about it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: gehtfuct

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I dunno, I guess the gist of it from my perspective is that I do not believe God is what we think He of it is. I also believe that it is impossible that there is not something that far beyond us existing. Again, in my opinion, I do not think we know what it is. Christians believing or not believing in the existence of aliens -- I'll have to look that up as I do not remember exactly how it was phrased.

Either way, this topic was not meant for debating. I won't stop you from doing it, but that is not my initial intention. You can't prove anything more than it can be disproved. As I mentioned earlier, this whole thing [thread topic] stems from a TV program that I had recently watched. My opinions are not so much to denounce or to say exactly what my beliefs might be. More so from a biology stand point. I like science. I am very interested in the human experience, evolutionary biology and why people do the things that they do. And yes, I too see that every day more and more people, for whatever reason, whether it be on TV or by admission of an acquaintance, people are denouncing "God" and religion. I'd like to know why. What has changed?

I've done a lot of jabbering in this thread. However, my opinion is not near as important as is hearing yours. Why is that you ask? I already know why I feel the way I do. Darwin didn't know everything either. Most of us will go to our graves still not knowing enough. This is a touchy subject and a redundant one at that. Regardless, you will never know unless you get up and find the answers for yourself. Call it paranoia - but I do not wholeheartedly trust all that we've be taught. I am not a theologian so I am obviously not necessarily going to be well versed on the subject. WTF.com may not be the best place to find this kind of knowledge, respectfully. It is, however, better than the lackadaisical responses of "We just live and we die", that I keep hearing from many people. I don't buy that.

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
I was trying to remember whatever it was I'd read about Darwin's cousin, Francis Galton, (a eugenicist, among many other things), because it was a conspiracy theorist's factoid, [like Margaret Sanger's (another eugenics proponent) name still clinging to Planned Parenthood, the inference isn't exactly light reading]--when, anyway, I came across this, which I have yet to be able to finish and who knows about the source or the author?--But some very interesting passages relating to the above^... http://intellihub.com/2013/03/25/darwinism-eugenics-and-the-silent-genocide/ I don't give a crap about a debate over any of it, I just thought it was intense.lol It's a book plug but I'd read it.

What has changed?
I'm curious what your own answer to that would be and anyone else who has thoughts...

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
A little off-topic, but it does parallel our potential ignorance.

------------------------------

I just watched a documentary called "The Killshot". It is about super-sized sun flares that are supposed to hit the Earth in the near future and pretty much cooking most of life on the surface. Now, I know that I would be a fool to assume that I know everything about anything in particular. But, I don't usually take too much on faith alone. So I hop on over to Killshot.com where you can find more information on the subject. Well, it took me all of ten seconds to flush any credibility on the matter to where it belongs -- in the shitter.

The group involved in this site are remote viewers. Remote viewers selling videos. Remote viewers selling videos on how to remote view lottery numbers. What, wut-wut? Seriously? If you could remote view lottery numbers, why in the hell would you, 1) Sell that knowledge for the itsy-bitsy price of $39.99 to any dip-shit happening along to your website? 2) If you could "cheat" the lottery, why do you need my money? 3) How is it that the United States Government has not buried your happy ass deep in the desert yet? A whole slew of other stupid RV videos to buy as well. Slow down, dammit! Lemme mah checkbook!

Was the show interesting? Sure. The potential of being cooked alive, for some reason, always garners my undivided attention. Any truth to it? Possibly. The Sun gets pissy just like anything else does in ways we cannot yet understand. Nevertheless, in my opinion, I found it [the movie] to be little more than typical propaganda BS. Think about it; what would be almost as bad as the world coming to and end? Making stupid people think it is coming to an end. Cui bono? Certainly not you or your wallet.

If the Earth were to take a shot across the ass, you had better be part of the Mars One Project, or be deep underground fellating some "Aliens", 'cause you won't be holding much hope to survive being on the surface after being engulfed by a solar flare of that magnitude. The Killshot? Sounds more like "The Bullshot" to me. More doo-doo brain stuff, apparently.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
What's funny, is that less than 12 hours after I made that post my ISP goes down for the day.. Obviously everybody knows that for Sun flares the first thing that they're going to take out are communication satellites. Coincidence or maybe baby Jesus is angry? Being that it is my ISP alone, I will Chalk that up as coincidence because I know my service provider sucks big time.

• 1LOL
Reactions: jujubee

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Currently an agnostic.
But I will probably die a deathbed atheist, alone with solemn hatred towards every living thing on this planet.

I ignore thinking toward "whats to come of me after I die", though I know it will be much more of an issue later in my life. A skeleton that's in everyone's closet. I wish I could just ignore rational thinking, then I could be one of the beautiful people that rely on God for everything, totally oblivious...all problems solved. They do say that ignorance is bliss.