WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

3 Critical Windows Updates released; one for Internet Explorer.

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-aug.mspx
Vulnerabilities exist in Internet Explorer, the most severe of these could allow an attacker to take complete control of an affected system.
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/965206
VU#965206 - Microsoft Internet Explorer JPEG rendering library
vulnerable to buffer overflow

Microsoft Internet Explorer contains a flaw related to JPEG image
rendering that may allow an attacker to remotely execute arbitrary
code.

A remote, unauthenticated attacker may be able to execute arbitrary code on the local machine leading to a denial-of-service condition or possibly complete control of the machine.

Do yourself a favor and update your computer.

You know my favorite is that M$ never details the exploit in the standard post...you always have to dig (and dig and dig) for it. And they've changed the way their update website was designed while I was away, so shit's not nearly so easy to find as it used to be.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Funny thing is.. I can't update my computer.

I ran MSUpdate last night, and it updated my updater. And then it gave me the screen "Checking for new updates for your computer, with the scrolling green bars". I left it alone for twenty minutes, and still not done checking. So I left it overnight, and it still wasn't done. Gimp! :thumbsdn:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Fire_ze_Missles said:

I ran MSUpdate last night, and it updated my updater. And then it gave me the screen "Checking for new updates for your computer, with the scrolling green bars". I left it alone for twenty minutes, and still not done checking. So I left it overnight, and it still wasn't done. Gimp! :thumbsdn:
LMAO That is the crap I get from customers at work....

Jung

???
Premium
Fire_ze_Missles said:

Comedy trolling option: www.debian.org :thumbsup: