Headlines 31 Vietnam Veterans Die In Bus Crash

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
HANOI, Vietnam (AP) -- Thirty-one Vietnamese war veterans and a driver were killed in a bus crash Thursday while en route to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War, police said.
The crash occurred at about 7:30 a.m. on the old Ho Chi Minh trail -- which has been converted into a highway -- in Kon Tum province about 150 kilometers (90 miles) south of Danang when the bus rounded a curve and plummeted about 70 meters off a mountain into a valley, said A Tri, district police chief.

Only two of the 33 people aboard survived and all of the bodies have been recovered, he said.

The veterans, including 14 women, were aged 60-70 and had fought for Vietnam's independence against the French and the Americans, he said. They were all from one neighborhood in Hanoi.

Tri said 29 people died on the spot, while two others died on the way to a hospital.

The veterans left Hanoi on Monday as part of a tour to visit old battlefields with plans to arrive in the former South Vietnam capital of Saigon to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the end of the war on April 30, said a local official from Hanoi who gave his name only as Lien.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/04/21/vietnam.crash.ap/index.html
:(

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Like any bus crash, that really sucks, but there's a bit of irony in this.. Not really humor, just irony

NINE225

The one, The only
WOW that is really ironic. They actually died on the Ho Chi Min trail? Jesus i guess something had to finish the job!!! now that is kinda spooky.

fUcCcC

fUCC!!!
NINE225 said:
WOW that is really ironic. They actually died on the Ho Chi Min trail? Jesus i guess something had to finish the job!!! now that is kinda spooky.
wats the ho chi min trail

i aint veitnamese so i have noo friggin idea

that sucks
prbably cause of that crap ass bus
and crap ass driver

ferengi

Yay fire!
Very ironic, and very sad. :(

fuCcC said:
wats the ho chi min trail

i aint veitnamese so i have noo friggin idea

You don't have to be Vietnamese, just be half-awake in history class. :rolleyes:

Instead of asking such a stupid question, if you really had no clue you could have easily googled it.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
NINE225 said:
wow thats pretty crazy. whoda thunk that that could have happened.