WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat 420-Pound Idaho Man Charged In Beer Heist.

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
139
127
#1
He stole some before and served 43 days in jail and does it again. He must be drunk allready when he does this.

Is that police officer saying that he got away earlier the first time because people pittied him over his weight?

A 420-pound man was charged with felony robbery, accused of stealing beer from the same store he stole from in January, authorities said.

Levi Timbana, 23, of Fort Hall was accused of walking into the Cowboy Oil store Aug. 9 and taking a swing at a clerk who refused to sell him beer after hours. Prosecutors say the clerk held Timbana at bay with a metal pipe until police arrived; Timbana's companion allegedly fled with two cases of beer.

Police said Timbana punched a different clerk at the store during a January beer heist. He spent 43 days in jail in that case.

"You have to wonder if he's done this before and got away with it because of his size,"
Police Capt. Kirk Nelson said.

Timbana could face up to life in prison. He remained in the Bannock County Jail in lieu of $70,000 bond.
Edit: Link
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
139
127
#4
This goes to show how Idaho is a redneck state.

And to think that I live there.
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#5
What a moronic statement for the cop to make. Sure, the guys such a pro he's stolen tons of beer and gotten fat. What the fuck ever.

Next he'll say the guy did it to "feed his beer gut".
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
139
127
#6
JLXC said:
What a moronic statement for the cop to make. Sure, the guys such a pro he's stolen tons of beer and gotten fat. What the fuck ever.

Next he'll say the guy did it to "feed his beer gut".
This is Idaho. The laws here aren't as strick as most of the state laws in this country. Most of the police here are moronic and stupid. I found a pipe bomb in a creek and I told the sheriff and he called the Idaho bomb squad to come get it. It was a small pipe bomb.
 

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
7,529
28
142
#7
Linksy said:
This is Idaho. The laws here aren't as strick as most of the state laws in this country. Most of the police here are moronic and stupid. I found a pipe bomb in a creek and I told the sheriff and he called the Idaho bomb squad to come get it. It was a small pipe bomb.
Because he should have just picked up an explosive device that could have killed him instead right? "It was a small pipe bomb" but not small enough for you to pick it up? You called the cops, the cops called the cops trained to deal with the shit. You fault them for that?

You assertion that the laws in Idaho aren't as strict is totally stupid. He's facing LIFE in prison for trying to punch a clerk and steel beer. Sounds pretty god damn strict. I guess in Colorado they'd execute him?

In Idaho if you steal from a store it's shop lifting. Unless you went into that store with the INTENT to steal. Then it's felony robbery and can get your ass 20 years for EACH item stolen.

Idaho has the death penalty. Idaho law does NOT allow for the insanity defence. If you're not compitent to stand trial you get locked up until you change your mind.

The size comment isn't that people pittied him. The cop is saying "This dude is huge, he probably gets away with shit like this because nobody wants to challenge him to a fight."

It's also fairly common to run into stupid cops in ANY rural area. It's not an Idaho thing.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,981
1,399
487
#8
UberSkippy said:
The size comment isn't that people pittied him. The cop is saying "This dude is huge, he probably gets away with shit like this because nobody wants to challenge him to a fight."
That's what I got out of it too. I don't know how anyone read it as otherwise. :confused:
 

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
7,529
28
142
#9
junglizm said:
That's what I got out of it too. I don't know how anyone read it as otherwise. :confused:
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go slapping around a 420 pound guy. Even if it is all fat he can always just sit on you.