WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

>50 posts restrictions

Should a post limit be put on new members?

• Yes, 10 posts per day until the user has reached 50 posts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, new members don't need to be limited/there shouldn't be a required post amount to play games.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so we've all seen people join the forums for the sole purpose of getting 50 posts and playing in the arcade, bringing up multiple 6+ month old threads in the process.

Well, I was wondering if there would be a way to limit posters with >50 posts to five or ten posts a day.

Would save some of us a LOT of reading :thumbsup:

Some people like to read, some people like to type. It would be pointless to limit the amount of posts a day.

Jung

???
Premium
While I see the good that may come from this, it's also limiting to potentially good new comers.

Yeah, it would only be limiting them for five days (if they post 10 every day). I think that'd be a good itea :)

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
junglizm said:
While I see the good that may come from this, it's also limiting to potentially good new comers.

While I agree that honest newcomers would be limited, wouldn't they understand why it is the way it is. I mean, when I joined, I realized that if I posted like an idiot to get to the arcade, I'd more than likely be banned. I didn't even have to read the FAQ/Rules to figure that out. It's common sense.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
I say that you allow the newcomers 10 posts a day for thr first 5 days. That wouldn't put off me if I was a newcomer, and it would put off arcade posters because they would have to come back daily for 5 days.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Just take off the limit; let them see how much the arcade sucks ;)
...you should have to answer FAQ specific questions in order to pass and join the forums, so people know wtf's up, IMO. Lots of crappy n00bs, then, I think, would be deterred, and lots of crappy questions wouldn't be needed to be asked, and crappy n00b mistakes would be less likely to be made, and such.

bnccoder

Postaholic
billybob13 said:
I say that you allow the newcomers 10 posts a day for thr first 5 days. That wouldn't put off me if I was a newcomer, and it would put off arcade posters because they would have to come back daily for 5 days.
Many of our membes don't post often.Some don't have the time, while others just read the threads and occasionally say something. People can be here for months and still not be past the 50 post arcade limit.

Janglenut

Particinator
The arcade sucks nuts anyways so what's the poitn of spamming when there is games easily accessible just entering a site with no restrictions that are better than the games here.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Because they aren't allowed to play them in order to see how shitty they are in the first place... it happened to me, but since my 50th post was, 'brb going to arcade' or something, I got caged.

Does anyone ever play these games anyway? I haven't touched them since I first checked them out, but if people played still, I think it might be cool to do a challenge...

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
oh man... i better lessen the quality of my posts (to less than my previous post) and up the quantity ;)

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i got a headstart and your motor is at a mere .71 where myn is at 3.46. i think id win the race. but if you really want to

/me revs engine

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
teh anarchist said:
Alright, so we've all seen people join the forums for the sole purpose of getting 50 posts and playing in the arcade, bringing up multiple 6+ month old threads in the process.

Well, I was wondering if there would be a way to limit posters with >50 posts to five or ten posts a day.

Would save some of us a LOT of reading :thumbsup:
^
Stupid rule. . . But could be made better. . . :thumbsup: keep trying!

mmm...cheese said:
^
Stupid rule. . . But could be made better. . . :thumbsup: keep trying!
If it could be improved, why don't you suggest how?

Others of you against it, I really don't think it would be any inconvenience to new users if their post count was limited to 10 a day for the first five days. If you disagree, tell why, but I rarely see legitimate posters post 50 posts in their first five days on the site. eh

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Where would I'm Darth Vader be if we had such limits??

I think he's a decent poster, but he seems to have a superb postcount for the lenth of time he's been signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.