WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

75 bands thread?

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
I'm curious to why I can't find it anymore? I thought it was an entertaining thread. :confused:

I'm presuming I broke some kind of rule, sorry in that case. Nevermind then. :happysad:

Base

it's a motherfucker
oh well, it's a bit of a bummer. I was enjoying that :D
we got 72 in the end i think :thumbsup: good work people

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Piro said:
I'm curious to why I can't find it anymore? I thought it was an entertaining thread. :confused:

I'm presuming I broke some kind of rule, sorry in that case. Nevermind then. :happysad:
it was deleted at about midnight my time, 6am UK time..
it had been noted that the original picture was cropped on the left side and some extra bands (pet shop boys etc) were noted and added.

i'm not sure why it was deleted, as with all things on this site i'm sure the reason was sound and just don't see the need to question it. my assumptions are either bandwidth issues or it was just 'done'..

EDIT: just noticed this is in 'suggestions' for some reason.. assumed it was in braindroppings.
i was not.. repeat NOT trying to pull a johnny kuntz there, i wasn't trying to imitate staff..

i just loved that thread too and wanted to inform it's daddy how it died.. :sobs:
/me looks around, hopes nobody saw me cry.

Piro

void said:
it was deleted at about midnight my time, 6am UK time..
it had been noted that the original picture was cropped on the left side and some extra bands (pet shop boys etc) were noted and added.

i'm not sure why it was deleted, as with all things on this site i'm sure the reason was sound and just don't see the need to question it. my assumptions are either bandwidth issues or it was just 'done'..

i just loved that thread too and wanted to inform it's daddy how it died.. :sobs:
/me looks around, hopes nobody saw me cry.
I got the picture from an e-mail. I just had a look for it on the internet. it's actually 74 bands not 75, and yes, the picture I used was missing a part on the left; namely the pet shop, two boys and a little dog. -the last 2. :happysad:

my bad, sorry guys.

EDIT: just noticed this is in 'suggestions' for some reason.. assumed it was in braindroppings. i was not.. repeat NOT trying to pull a johnny kuntz there, i wasn't trying to imitate staff..
ah, shit. now i feel like a right moron. sorry again. :emo:

Base

it's a motherfucker
no problem dude, 5h1t happens. It was fun though :woot:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
It was removed because it's an actual ongoing contest for individuals to win prizes from the Virgin website.

BTW: The bands cropped out of the picture were Pet Shop Boys, Cake, and possibly Lil Bow Wow.

Piro

The competition ended on the 28th of november. Answers were in the The Sun (British newspaper). That's what I've heard from my friend who sent the e-mail. But nevermind.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Piro, you want to keep digging yourself deeper?

Official Rules - Heavy Inc.’s (“Sponsor”) “Virgin Digital Giveaway” (the "Promotion") shall start at midnight Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 15, 2005, and shall end at midnight ET on December 31, 2005 (the “Drawing Date”).

Since it is an INDIVIDUAL contest, it was removed. If it was a group contest, then it would be different.