WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

98 Lite 4.5

Descent

Hella Constipated
Damn, this shit is OFF THE HOOK!

The "Sleek" install strips the 98 Explorer GUI out, and puts in the 95 GUI and now it's stable as hell. I have been using it for close to a week now, and not a single program has crashed, and I have not gotten even one BSOD.

You will need a 95 CD older than OSR 2.5 to do this, but it's worth it.

The best part is it takes up only 90MB :).

Everybody should try this out, it can pump new life into an old machine, and it makes a great recovery OS for any new machine (Which is why I have a 10GB drive in here, just for that kind of stuff, with 98 Lite on it).

This truly is a viable alternative to higher priced OSes. There is still decent driver support for it, you just may have to look around a bit.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Descent: back
Descent: had to reboot
Rcarhar: o.
Descent: Yeah, I'm running 98 Lite 4.5.
Descent: I changed some network settings.
Descent: Great OS, just as stable as 2K.
Descent: It strips all the crap out, it only takes up like 90mb
Rcarhar: OH
Descent: www.litepc.com
Descent: They can get a full 98 install down to 8MB
Rcarhar: o
Descent: It truly is a great OS if you strip it down.\

Laff. Now that I think about it, this info might be useful for the shitty computer my dad wants me to build for my mum.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Haha...Hell, it even makes a great primary OS. I'm seriously considering running this shit for day to day use, it really is that good.

I love it's nekkidness, no bloat at all. Just how I like my OSes.

Jung

???
Premium
You need your own sub-forum...

Descent

Hella Constipated
No, I really don't. I'm just spreading the word about this "Killer App."

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah, I've run that before.

The problem is, it's not Win32 compatible.