WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

9v batteries

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
i seem to go through them really quickly when i put em in a guitar pedal. from what i have concluded, they go flat when you leave everything plugged in, regardless of whether or not the LED light is on or not.

these fuckers aint cheap, i go through about 1 per week, it just isn't right. just imagine all the fun i could have sticking the terminals on my toungue all day!

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
That sucks, Maybe you could find a sale of batteries, or maybe a rechargeble one..

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
Very true, now you wont have to waste your money buying so many damn battries...

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
remember ni-cad (nickel cadium)?
i've still got an old charger that takes any battery of any size.

well - looks like this problem has been solved... *sighs* /me Can't believe that you could'nt figure this one out by yourself...

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Go to RadioShack and buy a power adapter for you pedals. No more batteries. A buddy of mine had the same problem.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Why do they keep making products that use that shit?

Theres enough battery types as it is.

The smoke detectors in my apartment is the only thing I've touched for the last 3 years that use those goddam 9v's

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
Jessica43999 said:
well - looks like this problem has been solved... *sighs* /me Can't believe that you could'nt figure this one out by yourself...
it's not that simple damnit!

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
got a dollar store? they usually sell em for a buck a pop...

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I always pull the batteries out of my pedals after I am done playing. I ain't paying for new batteries!

But, yeah, try and get a power supply, or something. :thumbsup:

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
Fire_ze_Missles said:
I always pull the batteries out of my pedals after I am done playing. I ain't paying for new batteries!

But, yeah, try and get a power supply, or something. :thumbsup:
i was doing that for a while, but it was getting tiring, and i found that when i unplugged one of the cables from it, well it pretty much does the same thing, BUT HOW WRONG I WAS

it's pain in the ass unscrewing the nut so i can get to the battery, and even then you have to use two hands to unhook it from the terminal

it must be really awesome being a guitar tech for a band, i'm sure it's not the slightest bit stressful...

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
esxho said:
Just buy a mains adapter. That's all dude :thumbsup:
the instructions say, MAKE SURE YOU USE A BOSS ADAPTOR. i guess it doesn't matter what brand it is.

Jung

???
Premium
BrIONwoshMunky said:
Go to RadioShack and buy a power adapter for you pedals. No more batteries. A buddy of mine had the same problem.
This is a correct answer.
dookie said:
the instructions say, MAKE SURE YOU USE A BOSS ADAPTOR. i guess it doesn't matter what brand it is.
It doesn't matter as long as the volts match. If the name brand adapters are too expensive, just look up the specs on them and buy a generic adapter with the same specs.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
it's still a sacrifice getting an adaptor because you have to find a spare powerpoint to plug it into

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
WizardlyFriend said:
if you stick your tongue on the battery is feels weird :D
Hahaha, yeah I tried that once in physics.

Then I tried it with those huge cells that we had for the unit on electricity...

Let's just say that people should stick to the 9Vs.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Dudes

Here's the deal, when you're not playing, pull the cable out from the input. It's the input that drains the battery.

And yes, 9 volts are pricey, get a daisy chain and an adaptor and you'll be alright.

Quit yer yappin'

And Jung, you are quite right. You can use those boss adaptors on any pedal that has the same specs. I always mix and match.

The only bitch about the boss adaptors though is that they're not as durable as we'd like. In the 4 years of playing out a lot, I went through 3. But then again I spill a lot of beer.