WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines A bird or a plane?

magnolia

Postaholic
I thought this was cool and just had to share it.

"The story is: this very special Mi-24 helicopter is presently flying in Afghanistan, where it is no doubt causing quite a stir." ~the e-mail i got this from.

R

RedOctober

Guess why the American war budget is sooooo high ;)

Nag nag... :p

BTW... Birds don't have rotor blades. ;)

that is cool.. i can imagine the dumbasses mistaking it for a bird already

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
wafu, it doesnt make a difference, crazy fighters in the Middle East will shoot a rocket at it anyway, whether they think its a helicopter or a bird. Don't you know about the top notch education they have over there?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
aaahhh yes ... we had hoped that the Iraqis would run in fear, but apparently they are not as impressed by our "flying machines & horseless carriages" as we had hoped. lol ....

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
RedOctober said:

If this was in fact taken in Afghanistan, it would have had to be in the 80’s. The MI-24 (Hind) is a Russian Helicopter. Why would their paint job bring up the American budget? Also If you look at the first picture, those are obviously Russian uniforms. Why don't you read up and get back to us.

Oh, but you are obviously up on your Biology. You are correct in stating that Birds don't have rotor blades. :)

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
LOL it looks ridiculously made up. (photo shopped or something)
WTF would you need to do this? Seriously, if this is real....cause
I don't see the point for it in Afghanistan or anywhere else?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
breakology said:
aaahhh yes ... we had hoped that the Iraqis would run in fear, but apparently they are not as impressed by our "flying machines & horseless carriages" as we had hoped. lol ....
We are sending the flying nun and the boy who could fly, since nothing else has impressed them, we may also be sending over mary poppins, but wer ont sure about that yet.

R

RedOctober

MaxPower said:
If this was in fact taken in Afghanistan, it would have had to be in the 80’s. The MI-24 (Hind) is a Russian Helicopter. Why would their paint job bring up the American budget? Also If you look at the first picture, those are obviously Russian uniforms. Why don't you read up and get back to us.

Oh, but you are obviously up on your Biology. You are correct in stating that Birds don't have rotor blades. :)
Where are you talking about?

Afghanistan or Iraq?
Not me!

I was talking about the American war budget.
I don't care where that picture is taken.

Of course it is a kind of dazzle paint.
It is meant to take care for a surprising moment...

"What the hell is that!?"
The hesitation will cost a few pygmees their lives ;)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
RedOctober said:
Where are you talking about?

Afghanistan or Iraq?
Not me!

I was talking about the American war budget.
I don't care where that picture is taken.
You're full of crap. You thought the hind was one of ours and you know it. Why don't you just admit when you made an ass out of yourself?

DG posted regarding an MI-24, and attached some pics HERE

To which you replied In this post:
RedOctober said:

How can you say you weren't referring to her original post? Sorry, you lose, I'm not buying it.

outsideR

Clitpickle
That might just be the most ridiculous helicopter I've ever seen... Got to be some kind of a joke! A 5000+++ kg eagle with rotors making at least 110dBA and possibly shooting at you... No-one could ever be fooled with that one.

tzedek

Original Member
magnolia said:
"The story is: this very special Mi-24 helicopter is presently flying in Afghanistan, where it is no doubt causing quite a stir."
not quite. I was just browsing snopes today and look what i came up with.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/eaglecopter.asp

Common as it may be to assume that any neat-o piece of military hardware must be American — especially when it's painted to look like the same type of bird that serves as the U.S. national symbol — the helicopter shown here is not American, nor has it been used by U.S. forces in Afghanistan or Iraq.

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
Whoooooaaa!!!

WTF!!!! what the hell is that ..... well obviusly it is a fuckin helicopter butt damm
its paintjob is serius sensless!!
Who the Hell made this ........

Btw...... I think MaxPower is right I suppose that some birds really have rotor blades!!