WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

A Bunch of Amusing and Interesting Quotes

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
http://www.sysprog.net/quotes.html

For a long time it puzzled me how something so expensive, so leading edge, could be so useless, and then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match. (Bill Bryson)

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. (Niels Bohr)

I've noticed lately that the paranoid fear of computers becoming intelligent and taking over the world has almost entirely disappeared from the common culture. Near as I can tell, this coincides with the release of MS-DOS. (Larry DeLuca)

- If an apparently serious problem manifests itself, no solution is acceptable unless it is involved, expensive and time-consuming;
- Completion of any task within the allocated time and budget does not bring credit upon the performing personnel -- it merely proves that the task was easier than expected;
- Failure to complete any task within the allocated time and budget proves the task was more difficult than expected and requires promotion for those in charge;
- Sufficient monies to do the job correctly the first time are usually not available; however, ample funds are much more easily obtained for repeated major redesigns.

IEEE Spectrum
to name a few of the quotes i enjoyed the most. most of the quotes are technology or science related.

Swid

Mentally Incarcerated
I like mostly the computer related ones. Some of them I don't get though.
I liked
It's ridiculous to live 100 years and only be able to remember 30 million bytes. You know less than a compact disc. The human condition is really becoming more obsolete every minute. (Marvin Minsky)

There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone. (Bjarne Stroustrup)[/quote]

and the third one you posted.