WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

A friend tried to off herself.

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
Well, this is where the drama starts for the great IHTFCC. You see, I have a friend we'll call Tina who wanted to off herself for reasons that will stay unmentioned. She told me she was going to off herself and immeadiatly I searched for her number, I asked many people and came up with her cell number and home number. I called both and, horrifingly, got no answer. I decided to run up there and was talking to Stager about how I could get her address, this discussion lasted for a few seconds, and he gave me a site which I used immeadiatly. I got her address and Stager said to go there now, which I was going to do and was about to do, when I got a call. Turns out she didn't kill herself, she was stopped by her boyfriend and will probably undergo therapy to help her get better.

Turns out it was a false alarm, thank god, and nobody has died today. I almost broke down into tears when I was getting ready to go over there, it was one of the worst things I've ever prepared to go see. It turns out she lives a fairly far way away and if she was going to off herself I would have had no time to stop her anyway. :(

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Sounds like she wanted attention. I guess it worked for her. Sorry she had to drag you into her drama. Good luck with that.

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
JLXC said:
Sounds like she wanted attention. I guess it worked for her. Sorry she had to drag you into her drama. Good luck with that.
She probably knew I was a good person to drag into drama because I care about all of my friends and listen to their problems and solve them for them. I'm still worried about if she really did try to off herself, but she would've done it and not waited for as long as she did.

Descent

Hella Constipated
It was scary shit...I'm still kinda shaken.

Saddening stuff...

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I've heard people say it before - The people with the real problems are the ones who cut themselves and tell no one, or tell no one they're trying to kill themselves. The ones who do tell people don't really need help :thumbsup: (aka attention whores)...

A lot of other factors could be put into play... How did she tell you (IM?) and how old?

Not saying any of this really applies... I've heard that the worst crime scene a cop could ever investigate is a suicide, because it affects everyone and the whole community is shaken... I learnt this when my great uncle commit suicide by hanging himself from barn rafters with rope

Boycott said:
I've heard people say it before - The people with the real problems are the ones who cut themselves and tell no one, or tell no one they're trying to kill themselves. The ones who do tell people don't really need help :thumbsup: (aka attention whores)...

A lot of other factors could be put into play... How did she tell you (IM?) and how old?

Not saying any of this really applies... I've heard that the worst crime scene a cop could ever investigate is a suicide, because it affects everyone and the whole community is shaken... I learnt this when my great uncle commit suicide by hanging himself from barn rafters with rope
She has a history of cutting and telling others about it for attention and has tried to commit suicide before but she told people about it, which makes me think it was for attention. :thumbsdn:

diamond

The nice guy
The old question with regard to suicide is 'who is the victim'?

I always think it is the people in the position that you were, the people who care and go through agonies of worry.

I am sorry that you went through all that. I should imagine you have hardly stopped shaking even now. I am glad that she was stopped. Even cries for attention can go terribly wrong.

Boycott said:
The ones who do tell people don't really need help :thumbsup: (aka attention whores)...
Or maybe they do need help and are afraid to get it on their own. Sheesh. Attitudes like that are the reason some hide it and won't get help, then no one even knows there's a problem until it's too late to do anything about it.

IHTFCC: I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully she will get the help she needs, and stick with it.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Also it's common for people that do want to do it to tell only those over the internet because they know it'll be difficult for that person to do anything about it....but there's always a chance that someone will do somethign about it. It is a very real cry for help. Often a suicidal person will tell at least someone they want to kill themselves. Usually because they aren't sure themselves if they actually want to kill themselves so by telling one person (usually an unlikely person) they have a way out if they change their minds.

True some don't tell anyone but there's usually a hint by someone who knows what to look for. Then there are those that want the attention and never did have the intention of actually going through with it. Those peopel still need help but for a different reason. They may actually go through with it because their excuse ends up as no body cared enough to stop them so they might as well kill themselves. It's like they are looking for a reason to actually kill themselves, so the attention whores of suicides also need help and the be heard.