WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

A narcissist in my life.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
This isn't about people who post selfies or whatever. I don't care if somebody likes how they look and wants to post about it. If you don't like it, don't click on it.

What I hate is a certain person in my life, who shouldn't even be in my life. I should have just walked away a long time ago.

She has to be right all the time. If I say something she doesn't like, she will tell me it didn't happen. Tonight I had a conversation with somebody about a store being closed down, and she can't believe it. She doesn't believe it because she doesn't like it, and refuses to believe it.

For over 20 years she has had an anger problem. Screaming at myself and other people, then crying to her friends over the phone to look like a victim and make the people she is angry with look like assholes. She has yelled at friends, family, and store workers in person. When she hears something she doesn't like, or can't get something in a store immediately, she will abuse others. Anybody who argues with her, she will yell at them until they break down or disown her, which is what most people did.

She always went into long rants explaining that everybody else had a problem and would mock people, then explain that she can't help it because she has a mental problem. She thinks she has anxiety and depression, and has tricked doctors and therapists into believing it. I think she actually has narcissism. I can't stand her, and I can't type everything she has done because it is too much. It hurts so much to ever do anything because everything in my life goes back to her narcissism. I can't even type any more despite me being able to add much more.

Will I ever be able to get rid of my emotional pain due to her being in my life for so long? Has anybody else ever have to deal with somebody like this?

Crazizniac

Particinator
Anybody who says they don’t have a friend like that is probably that friend. Keep them at arms length, don’t loan them money, and only interact with them on your terms,

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
I'm actually embarrassed to have posted this. I had a bad day yesterday, and everything is better. Too bad there is no delete button.

Crazizniac

Particinator
I think Brit has the only delete button and your post would have to be way worse than that to deserve it.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
This thread kind of freaked me out since I have been dealing with a person exactly like this for almost a year and this person is my boss and today I decided finally I am going to leave my job and the biggest weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I detest her, she is the most vile creature I have ever known, I swear if she doesn't have someone to vent her self righteous rage on each and everyday she might die because it seems to be a need.. the worst thing is she can be lovingly sweet to one person and in the next moment unleash fury on somebody else and some people have this impression of her as a really nice person.

I want to grab her and shake her sometimes, literally I want to do this because I get the feeling nobody ever has.

Ugh yeah it's embarrassing when you have to rant about something like this but fuck it, I'll join you.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
the worst thing is she can be lovingly sweet to one person and in the next moment unleash fury on somebody else and some people have this impression of her as a really nice person.
Narcissists can be really nice .. as long as you totally agree with them. But disagree with them or point out a flaw and they instantly turn into Mr. Hyde towards you. :yikes: I have had a couple coworkers just like this.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
So, is this narcissist your mom? :D:(

(Why can you not walk away now?)

She was a family member I knew growing up. When I moved out, she tried to turn it into me betraying the family. I was disowned for a few months, then later she forced contact unto me, then after a year demanded I apologize. She still acts like everybody hurts her.

She was a family member I knew growing up. When I moved out, she tried to turn it into me betraying the family. I was disowned for a few months, then later she forced contact unto me, then after a year demanded I apologize. She still acts like everybody hurts her.
One of my previous roommates was like that... The only way to deal with people like them is to cease contact with them. That anger you were feeling when you posted the first message will expand and get worse the more you deal with that person. You don't need that negativity in your life.

You basically just described my mom in a nutshell. But,unfortunately i cannot simply just cut her out of my life and never see her again.

HeldoOrn

Fresh Meat
I have had several friends like this in my life. Though I have had to get them out of my life. If you have to deal with them DONT AGREE with them. They look for a yes man, then you will get sucked into it and they will end up making you do things you don't want to do. I'm not saying never agree with them but you have to put your foot down on things you don't agree with. It will cause them to be angry at you but if you give into it you will fall into a huge mess. Better if they are just out of your life because they rarely change. Its a major disorder and it takes them admitting they have a problem (rare) and then for them to seek help.

@OP, sounds like an ex girlfriend of mine. Lol yeah, if you haven't already yet, the sooner you cut her out of your life, the better. People like her are fucking crazy.

I deleted one after 3 weeks. Either kick out or murder so I went with kick out.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Narcissism is not a condition that can be cured anymore than you can really change a personality at its core. In my opinion, I hope you are both adults because you sound rather childish. Both of you do. No one is worth being miserable over to the point that you cannot make change in any situation. If this person is not your cellmate, get the fuck out if she makes you this uncomfortable. Are you so locked down in this like that you yourself cannot venture off alone? Focus on the shitty things and shitty is what you will live with. If this person means anything to you worth holding on to, then perhaps you should be the adult and discuss compromise or an exit plan with her. And stop sending me dick pics for fuck sake!

Dealt with plenty of toxics in my life, family and general alike. Sometimes the best thing to do is just cold shoulder them when they act up, they know what they are doing that is hurting you and will stop when they miss you. This works and all but I agree with geht, if you think, at all, you can talk it out than do it. People suck and can change but people dont WANT to change.

Oh also yeah, stop sending him dic picsss

You basically just described my mom in a nutshell. But,unfortunately i cannot simply just cut her out of my life and never see her again.
Me too man. Well, my step mother. She raised me and my brother. You have to have 2 lives when living with a person who is narcissistic. The fake life where you make sure the extremely mentally ill person in your home is in a good mood by acting the fake part and doing everything they say and expect. The other life............ahhhhhh.........finally some time away from the devil. Makes life outside the house soooooo good!