WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

A new way to run faster without training?

Alright all you track stars, and others who want to run really fast. I bring you a secret that I have just found out. If you take off your shoes before you go to run you will run way way faster than you do with them on. Either im the last one to notice or the first, but today when I was playing football, about an hour ago, i took my shoes off and it felt like i was running on air. Trust me normally i run a 4.8 forty, which just so you know is forty yards as fast as you can, but when I took my shoes off it must have went down to like a 4.5/6, Which is about ten yards per second, not only that I can also jump higher too. Instead of barely being able to dunk a basket ball. I can now nearly get my head over the rim. Like i said before i dont know if im the first or the last to figure all this out but DAMN!!!!!!!!! I ran so fast that i actually tore my pants all the way up to my 8 foot cock.
If you're a SPEED DEMON then i suggest that you try this, but remember to try it in a place with no stickers and be careful cuz if your wearing socks you will slide a good 8 yards when you try to stop.

basically you can run faster than you normally do if you take your shoes off.
because you have no resistance to how fast you can move your legs and for jumping its like 10 pounds less wieght or for me it is anyway

Jung

???
Premium
The_Observer said:
basically you can run faster than you normally do if you take your shoes off.
because you have no resistance to how fast you can move your legs and for jumping its like 10 pounds less wieght or for me it is anyway
Shoes don't create enough "drag" to hinder aerodynamics. Furthermore, the weight of your shoes is trivial. What do they weight, a few ounces?

This thread is completely absurd.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Are you using the right kind of shoes for the certain sport? Or are you just using running shoes?

wanna bet, go and try it. and shoes or at least American shoes no offense to any countries wiegh a lot more than other counties' do. its not areodynamics that im talkin bout its, just resistance on the legs because of the way the lever works from the knee down. a shoe acts like the resistance are, so you remove the resistance and you can now pivot the fulcrum even faster.

Im not talking about track shoes or cleats, im talking about sneakers or boots or whatever you would wear that has a larger wieght

Boycott

Soul Doubt
running shoes (not track shoes, but normal shoes) / boots are designed for comfort not for speed ;)

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
uh...... have you ever heard of track shoes? They are like slippers that weigh next to nothing and have spikes in the bottom of them.....

shaekatherine

I'm a lover not a flamer.
Freakless said:
uh...... have you ever heard of track shoes? They are like slippers that weigh next to nothing and have spikes in the bottom of them.....
I got myself pink track shoes and you are right, they are just like slippers with spikeys.