WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

A question for all WTFers!!

Would a medal for regular topic contributions be cool?

• Hells Yea

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Nope, I love Facebook

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tater mcHATER

• BudV has an ice pole.

• Just...No.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

ib4

Error
Staff
I'm not asking this to find a rant in response. It just seemed like an appropriate place. Also I want to see if others have more to say on the topic.

I think we all can agree that WTF has a special place in our dark chest cavity's and minds. Topic and chatter traffic can slow to an all time low, and we still enjoy coming around and at the very least, reading what we can if not older content.

As a community, I think we should be a little more proactive for the good of everyone's individual enjoyment. Why would we want a dope place like this to slow to nothing? There are so many cool people here even if you can stand their positions or shit posting. I have noticed that even in the people I don't prefer at all around here, they still end up posting interesting POVs , funny shit, or knowledgeable material. That's what makes forum so fun.

I know what it feels like to feel lazy about posting. I get it. Especially when some people are highly critical and/or the OP is too sensitive. But that's what make this shit fun!

My question and request here is, could we all periodically take the time as post 2-3 new topics and respond to at least 5 posts. I would say every 3 to 4 weeks do that once. In that same request, I would like to ask @Jason to consider the idea of a medal for regular WTFer topic contributors based on what we come up with in this thread. What do you think would be good requirements for the medal? This is the second time I am bringing this up to @Jason . I am haven't talked to him about this time though. Once we come up with good materiel here, consideration will be done behind closed doors.

Just think about the good ol forum days. Lets keep that alive instead of living only though the social FB tit.

My reqs for the Medal:
  • 1 month 200 post minimum to be considered. Or if you have been here actively reading for more that 6 months.
  • The posts have substance and obtain at least 3 on topic responses.
  • You've have committed to this process for at least 5 months, or a determined secret number in lesser time by WTF bosses.
  • A second option for posters who do not garner at least 3 on topic responses, or have not met the 200 post minimum, if you have made decent posts that have not received the required on topic responses, than as long as you have made 15 good threads in a quarter period minimum, then you can be considered for the medal.
I cam up with these quick, so please do contribute ideas.

Long Live WTF!?

Last edited:

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I think I understand what the goal is, but Im not sure a medal is the solution.

I think expansion is the answer. We have a powerhouse of creativity, lifelong members, and I really feel like we could make something truely epic.

I say go for the medal though. Its not gonna hurt anything. Although, once earned, how does the aim carry forward?

ib4

Error
Staff
I think I understand what the goal is, but Im not sure a medal is the solution.

I think expansion is the answer. We have a powerhouse of creativity, lifelong members, and I really feel like we could make something truely epic.

I say go for the medal though. Its not gonna hurt anything. Although, once earned, how does the aim carry forward?
I wouldn't say I'm looking to solve anything. This domain is worth good good money. Also, everyone including staff seems to be with where the site is at. Even me. I just want people to find another level of enjoyment as an option. I just want to switch it up since I don't see anyone else offering ideas. I'm sorry if I made it seem like I'm trying to solve a problem here. I don't conisder this a problem.

I think the medal is perfectly fine. People like to have things to dress up their profiles a little. Its easy to say when you have a ton of medals already. I think giving users another more obtainable set of reqs to get a medal adds to the fun. Not solve a "problem". Since we are a lower activity site these day, I think medal reqs should be adjusted slightly to that. This meets that thought.

The medal, once earned like anything else, is here to stay regardless if you continue or not. I don't post many pics anymore, I still get to keep my uber dope pic medal!

Thanks for adding to this thread though man. I really appreciate it :)

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
I have noticed that even in the people I don't prefer at all around here, they still end up posting interesting POVs , funny shit, or knowledgeable material.
So which of the three do I post?

I have made over 1,500 posts but have no (stinkin') medals. Don't you have to had been a Premium member at sometime to get a medal?

ib4

Error
Staff
I don't think premium membership has anything to do with it. As far as the quality of your posts...they all sucks.

OMG ROFL LMAOZZZZZ IM JKKKKKK I ENJOY YOUR POSTSSSS A/S/L!!!???

ib4

Error
Staff
I like the tiered idea for sure! It could be our only tiered medal! @Jason

Maybe we can do 3 levels. All members with 10K plus posts can be placed automatically at the 2nd tier since they are already long time contributors.