WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Other A Slender Man Discussion

Victoria Lara

>(-"<>Jackanapes<>"-)<
Alright so we all know who slender man is, right? If you don't, well, he's this guy.

Well you probably get the point. What my question is, could slender man be real? Give me some theories people!!!!!

Last edited:

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
Creepies, no wonder my daughter's BF still talks about him. I've always wondered, ewww--I need a Slender Man mask!:D

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Well no. He is maybe the first internet composed myth. So perhaps in the future it'll become an urban legend/myth, just as big as vampires or werewolves!

He is but in the cradle of his existence, I haven't really read up on him, but there's no origin, no way to kill him, no strengths nor weaknesses, so far he's only a really tall sketchy man in a suit who likes to scare the shit out of people and kill/devour them. Is there only one? Can he procreate? Where is he from etc. He is but a distant nightmare.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Slender man started on Something Awful back around 2008-2009.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
A myth or a marketing campaign? I''ve always wwondered, throwing a little coin at an idea can turn it into a craze easily, these spawned cults, shifty movies and toys for all the angsty teenage market..

Victoria Lara

>(-"<>Jackanapes<>"-)<
I wonder why they created Slenderman. I know if I saw that guy in the middle of the night I'd run screaming.

rub1out

Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy
What about fat man? Do they have a fat man yet? Ooooo, can IIIIIII be fat man? :)

steelasp

poontangwrecker
I wonder why they created Slenderman. I know if I saw that guy in the middle of the night I'd run screaming.
The story of the creation of Slenderman is all there on the wikipedia page. Basically, he was created as part of an online competition to try to invent a horror legend and mythos, and it was the one that really took off.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man

Well no. He is maybe the first internet composed myth. So perhaps in the future it'll become an urban legend/myth, just as big as vampires or werewolves!

He is but in the cradle of his existence, I haven't really read up on him, but there's no origin, no way to kill him, no strengths nor weaknesses, so far he's only a really tall sketchy man in a suit who likes to scare the shit out of people and kill/devour them. Is there only one? Can he procreate? Where is he from etc. He is but a distant nightmare.
He is originated from a old German legend. At least that's what I've learned.
I also do not believe he procreate, but then again, I'm not really sure.
That danm noodle armed basterd is a mystery...

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Just when I thought I had that theme song out of my head...

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Oh Fuck that! Slenderman is real, I have pics and video! I have many youtube videos! You guys have to listen!

Nah! I figured out it was a marketing thing shortly after it started. Looks freaky enough to give some people nightmares. It's sad when people get sucked into fake stories.