WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

A truly depressing day...

jamesp

In Memory...
Well, a short time ago, one of my best friends, my brother really, got arersted on several charges, one of which was possesion of cocaine. We (Demon, Dwayne, and myself) used to have a terrible addiction to blow, but now Dwayne is facing up to 5 years in prison. He realised that he still had a problem (drugs, i.e. cocaine) and asked to be placed a long term rehabilitation program. Well, he is leaving tomorrow to turn himself in, and today we were just hanging out, spending most of the day so far crying. It is probably the most depressing day of my life. I am losing one of my brothers. True, we will be seeing him every weekend during visiting hours, but still, I love him and am going to miss him terribly. Anyone else have a similar situation?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Oh, sweety. I am so sorry. My only brother is in prison for seven years, four to go. If you ever need to talk and just let it out, pm me. Its hard, but some things in life cant be avoided. Your not really losing your brother, it does feel that way though. But, he has to do what he has to do. The most important thing for you is to be strong for him, let him know that you will always be there, you will always be his brother, no matter what.

jamesp

In Memory...
dustinzgirl said:
Oh, sweety. I am so sorry. My only brother is in prison for seven years, four to go. If you ever need to talk and just let it out, pm me. Its hard, but some things in life cant be avoided. Your not really losing your brother, it does feel that way though. But, he has to do what he has to do. The most important thing for you is to be strong for him, let him know that you will always be there, you will always be his brother, no matter what.
yeah, we will always be there for him, no matter what, but it does suck, as Im sure you know. Thanks DG.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
After I posted in Writers block, I just wanted to let you know that this is probably a good thing. I have seen what hard drugs do to nice, football playing all american boys. I have cried at their funerals and held thier girlfriends. I have given thier families flowers and pictures of them. I have seen so much pain that the only thing I can say is that truly, this is a good thing. Not a bad thing. Its better than seeing him go the way I have seen some of my friends go.

Easty

Click click boom
that does suck, dude. i'm sorry for you and your loss. i don't know what i'd do in that situation if one of my bros was gonna be taken away.

im sorry. :(

jamesp

In Memory...
dustinzgirl said:
After I posted in Writers block, I just wanted to let you know that this is probably a good thing. I have seen what hard drugs do to nice, football playing all american boys. I have cried at their funerals and held thier girlfriends. I have given thier families flowers and pictures of them. I have seen so much pain that the only thing I can say is that truly, this is a good thing. Not a bad thing. Its better than seeing him go the way I have seen some of my friends go.
yeah, i agree, and i have told him that it is really the best thing that could happen to him right now. id rather see him in a rehab center for a few years, than free for a while and dead in a few.

Eastside said:
that does suck, dude. i'm sorry for you and your loss. i don't know what i'd do in that situation if one of my bros was gonna be taken away.

im sorry. :(
thanks man.

Think of it this way. In 5 years he will be (hopefully) off the addiction. And in 5 years you will see him again. Not to mention the time you can spend visiting him. DG's right you know. It's better that he be in prison for a short time than dead.