WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines A what If Question...

Would you fight to defend your country, even if you felt your Gov. Was in the wrong?

• Yes

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I would like to, but I'm a pussy

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
If you believed in your country, but one day it seemed to go wrong and there started some huge effort to destroy it via invasion (Like a U.N. type thing), would you fight even if you did not agree with the views of the Government in charge?
It's a complicated question...

I would fight personally, no matter how much my country goes astray I believe that the common good will prevail and it will eventually return to being right.

I also would fight because I wouldn't want to see anyone I know and care about die at the hands of some invader no matter how good their intentions are in the past most invasions have caused the death of millions of innocents. Example: Germany but mainly Dresden in WW2

Also I wouldn't want to receive the treatment most countries receive after their so called 'liberation' in WW2 even though the War had a purpose the people were often treated as if they were garbage and countless atrocities were committed (mainly by the Russians).

So I would fight to the death or until victory (or at least until the country was safe). :sword: :mad: :gun:

Stupd me, I should of made this a poll... :(

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
So if you would've been in nazi Germany you would've fought for your country, that's what you're saying right? My answer is: never.

Of course if someone invades Canada Iraq style, I'm gonna fight. But if the reason is we launched nuclear attacks in like australia just for fun, I'm definitely not going to give my life for the fucking country. Unless the invader rapes my family..But then it would be personal, not patriotic wouldn't it. I guess bottom line is, I'll fight for my family, for my survival and in some but not all cases, my country.

Rage against said:
So if you would've been in nazi Germany you would've fought for your country, that's what you're saying right? My answer is: never.

Of course if someone invades Canada Iraq style, I'm gonna fight. But if the reason is we launched nuclear attacks in like australia just for fun, I'm definitely not going to give my life for the fucking country. Unless the invader rapes my family..But then it would be personal, not patriotic wouldn't it. I guess bottom line is, I'll fight for my family, for my survival and in some but not all cases, my country.
So you'd sit to the side while everything crumbled around you?
Edit: I wouldn't fight if nobody I knew had their lives at stake... tho
And I would of only fought agaisnt the russians from the north... just because I'd would of been afraid of the atrocities they brought with them.

Countries do not right themselves without bloodshed. IF it took an invasion, execution, coup, civil war, so be it. People would fight for what they thought was right. If my country fucked up and was going to be invaded, I'd have to come to terms with what had happened. Nowadays I'd assume invasion is a little out of the picture, all that is needed is a push of a button and the explosion of a bomb. War over. You are out of continues. However, if invasion was the case, I would protect my loved ones and if fighting is the only way, so be it.

YOU'RE country???? wtf has teh media told you guys??? no one has THEIR country, they live there and they occupy space, and they consume overpriced goods for our gayass wage systm to prevail.... ANARCHY DAMNIT!!! when people say i would or wouldnt fight for "my country" I wanna give them a fucking lecture about how badly they are being used when they even THINK they should be fighting for "there" country....

R

RedOctober

Haha...
My country? My ass!

We Dutch from the south are waiting for the day the Good Lord sets the sea so high the Dutchies in the North get drowned.

So Americans, please invade The Hague before it's too late!
There live a bunch of assholes anyway, including the Queen.

I will fight fiercely to defend my own territory however.
About 450 square meters ;)

What the hell?

Zukas said:
YOU'RE country???? wtf has teh media told you guys??? no one has THEIR country, they live there and they occupy space, and they consume overpriced goods for our gayass wage systm to prevail.... ANARCHY DAMNIT!!! when people say i would or wouldnt fight for "my country" I wanna give them a fucking lecture about how badly they are being used when they even THINK they should be fighting for "there" country....
First before I actually respond let me highlight some of your worst errors(they're in bold). These are just the blatent few.

Zukas said:
ANARCHY DAMNIT!!!
Cool, make reference to a system, that not only is the most flawed system, but is also dismissed by almost anyone intelligent over the age of 12. Here is a hint, the whole "Anarchy" thing is a horrible idea even in the most well thought out ways, even if it worked for awhile it would fail once somebody decided to slowly begin to subvert people to a cause(never placing a name on this cause that would bring up images of government or system) and soon take power or raise an army, or until some country intelligent enough not to take up anarchy decideds to "expand".

Zukas said:
YOU'RE country???? wtf has teh media told you guys??? no one has THEIR country, they live there and they occupy space
First thing, you live there, my gosh does that mean it's your country yes it sure does. Second you missed the point, it's not the idea of protecting the government as much as those around you, you obviously missed that.

Zukas said:
I wanna give them a fucking lecture
Hopefully nobody is dumb enough to listen for very long

Zukas said:
overpriced goods
Wrong battle.

RedOctober said:
I will fight fiercely to defend my own territory however.
About 450 square meters ;)

:thumbsup: Someone got the point for the most part :)

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Defend my country does NOT mean going to other countries and killing people for no reason...

voiceofreason said:
Defend my country does NOT mean going to other countries and killing people for no reason...
Thats what I think... I hope I didn't come off that way.

Signify

Particinator
well, i live in canada. Ill defend my house, land and my family, perhaps even my town if need be. id never leave my country to attack another. Sure, we might only have muskets, but we would give her a good show!

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
fucktheliberals said:
oh yeah did i mention i hate canada. :mfinger:
Did I mention you are a n00b who double posts?

I wouldn't fight for my country if they did wrong. I would leave the land that gave birth to me to be safe with my family. Countries are just imaginary lines, there is no reason for me to put my family at risk for some stupid lines.

If I lived/was born in a country such as Canada, who doesn't bother anyone, and another country would invade us. I would wait for them to get to my town and start shooting their fucking direction.

Other than that, I AM NOT fighting for fucking governments. Governments are like dealerships. They all LIE and if they say they don't they are lying!

shep

Local alcoholic
fucktheliberals said:
oh yeah did i mention i hate canada. :mfinger:
What do you know about canada KID?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I think Canada is hillarious....However I disagree that Anarchy should be completely dismissed as an alternative to our current menu of "Governments"...I dont see it as a long term solution to mankind's problems, rather as a way to wipe the slate clean in order for more well thought out governing ideas to emerge. My opinion is that a true Democracy is the only way to go. I'm sure it will take some time to get everything laid out but...I would be willing to work for it.

And no I wouldnt die for my country....at least not this one.

bnccoder

Postaholic
To fight or not to fight...

I will fight for my country, fight to fight, and fight to protect my home. However, you have to remember to display the mutilated bodies of your enemys. True wars arn't won by conquering governments they are won by conquering the minds of your opponents and distroying their will to fight. As the body count grows and the corpses rott their forces weaken.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
bnccoder said:
wars arn't won by conquering governments they are won by conquering the minds of your opponents and distroying their will to fight.
well said & true.

i'd fight b/c my personality doesn't allow for surrender. but if i lived in Colorodo, or in the middle of nowhere versus NY (which would be one of the first places invaded), and had time to flee i'd go to Canada.