WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Abortion and Death Penalty

How can you be pro-life and for the death penalty? It makes no sense. Do they want it to live for a few years and then kill them? :confused: Pro-life freaks say the fetus knows you're killing it. :slap: No it doesn't. They say it has a soul. If you know so much about souls does a group of cells have a soul? or when is a soul made? They should know. How is the death penalty pro-LIFE?

moe

Clitpickle
lets see now, you cant kill something that might have a soul and your alowed to kill something that does, or did. who decides who has a soul an who doesnt? oh and abortion is a person choice, cause its a decision based on INDIVIDUAL morals. screw pro-life ppl. who go out and bitch, nobody has the right to force someone into changing their beliefs. capitol punishment is needed but it should only be done in crimes where the killer confesses, so we stop killing innocent ppl. who got fucked by the system.

Tylerc

#1 DDR Player
While I am pro-Bush, I am also for abortion and for the death penalty.

The fetus does not even resemble anything like a baby until the 2nd trimester, or something like that. In my opinion, the abortion should be done before that time. The only reason I would be against abortion is because of the health risks for the woman.

Jung

???
Premium
Tylerc said:
The fetus does not even resemble anything like a baby until the 2nd trimester, or something like that.
I'm not sure of the exact number, but you're pretty close. Fetuses aren't living beings at that stage; parasite would be a more appropriate term. Who even knows if we have souls, even as adults? That's a religious concept, which not everyone shares; therefore it's completely irrelevant to this subject. I'm for both abortion and the death penalty. The government wasn’t created to decide what women can or can’t do with their own bodies. If they’re not hurting anyone and not forcing their beliefs on anyone, they should be free to do as they wish. Outlawing abortion won’t make the problem go away, women will just turn to coat hangers or other non-medical ways to go about it. Not to mention the fact that it makes me sick every time I see how some newborn was found in a dumpster somewhere.

I believe that the death penalty is a just punishment; if you willingly murder another human being you should also die. Murders who are sentenced to life imprisonment get to make friends, watch TV, play cards, enjoy recreational activities and buy various non essential items off commissary. Those are not luxuries I think murderers should be afforded. Is it fair that the murderer gets to live out the rest of his/her life, when the victim is dead; lives, dreams, friends and family’s crushed. I will never be opposed to the death penalty.

Well... I don't know if I'm for the death penalty or not, but I'm for abortion. Hey, say a young girl about my age (12/13) gets raped and abortion isn't aloud? Would you want her to keep her baby? Would you expect a young girl like that or even younger (believe me, they go younger especially here in America) to raise that child? Hmm. Let's think about this.

-Nikki-

Descent

Hella Constipated
Fuck Christianity

Nuff said. If you want to know why I am against it, use the search button.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
I dont belive in abortion or the death penalty although i may change on mind on abrtion once in awhile im firm that its not up to the government to kill people.

Tylerc

#1 DDR Player
Junglizm-I totally agree.

Any murder knowingly committed should be punished with the death penalty. This includes drunk driving, because you decided to drink and then drive.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Personally I would settle at a medium between pro-life and pro-choice. If people accidently get pregnant, that should be their responsibility to deliver the newborn. Extensive situations like rape and non consensual sex would call for an abortion if the parent thought it necessary. I think people would be alot more careful, even if you disagree with this idea.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
How can you be pro-life and for the death penalty? It makes no sense.
how can you support abortion and not support the death penalty... one is innocent.. one isn't... yet some find it ok to kill the innocent one.. and object to killing the guilty one... consistency...

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
DanGeo23 said:
how can you support abortion and not support the death penalty... one is innocent.. one isn't... yet some find it ok to kill the innocent one.. and object to killing the guilty one... consistency...
I'm sorry if I don't see a cluster of cells that can't function on its own as "one".

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I'm sorry if I don't see a cluster of cells that can't function on its own as "one".
that "cluster of cells" has its own DNA.. therefore is its own life form... human...

I dislike the terms Pro-life and Pro-choice... I don't find them representative of thier causes... but I will use them anyway...

I'm not necessarily "Pro-Life".... I can very easily see the parasite arguement.. and wouldn't care if "a cluster of cells " was removed... but I am disgusted with the Idea/practice of "partial-birth abortions"... I consider it to be infanticide... so I have to decide where I stand based on those two ends of the spectrum...

So I decided.. that if the, Embryo/fetus/cell cluster/baby, can feel pain then I am against the procedure.. if you could stick a needle in the womb and prick the, Embryo/fetus/cell cluster/baby, and it feels it. then it is wrong in my opinion.. at what stage of the gestation that occurs.. well I don't really know...

in the case of rape.. I would hope that she would be seen by a doctor.... collect evidence... fry the fucker that did that to her... and quickly make a decision on fate of the, Embryo/fetus/cell cluster/baby.... I don't feel she should be made to bear that burden of the rape for the rest of her life... however... don't show up 9 months later and say "but I was raped".... too late in my opinion.. lets talk about adoption....

I am not a woman and couldn't tell anyone what its like emotionally or physically to be raped. ... I know its devestating.... I can only hope that she would be strong enough to get checked out and make a decision ASAP...

ohh and did I mention fry that fucker...
any man that does that to a woman.. should be ass raped with broken bottles till he bleeds to death... just my opinion..

Tylerc

#1 DDR Player
Again, I'm pro-Bush, but the government does NOT have the right to say what a woman can't do.

Just because I wouldn't want my wife to get it aborted doesn't mean I'm going to tell you that you can't.

Jung

???
Premium
DanGeo23 said:
I'm not necessarily "Pro-Life".... I can very easily see the parasite arguement.. and wouldn't care if "a cluster of cells " was removed... but I am disgusted with the Idea/practice of "partial-birth abortions"... I consider it to be infanticide...
I forgot to add that, I agree 100%.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
DanGeo23 said:
that "cluster of cells" has its own DNA.. therefore is its own life form... human...
People drown cats. Cats have DNA.

DanGeo23 said:
I dislike the terms Pro-life and Pro-choice... I don't find them representative of thier causes... but I will use them anyway...

I'm not necessarily "Pro-Life".... I can very easily see the parasite arguement.. and wouldn't care if "a cluster of cells " was removed... but I am disgusted with the Idea/practice of "partial-birth abortions"... I consider it to be infanticide... so I have to decide where I stand based on those two ends of the spectrum...
Agreed.

Dangeo23 said:
So I decided.. that if the, Embryo/fetus/cell cluster/baby, can feel pain then I am against the procedure.. if you could stick a needle in the womb and prick the, Embryo/fetus/cell cluster/baby, and it feels it. then it is wrong in my opinion.. at what stage of the gestation that occurs.. well I don't really know...
At that stage, the embryo is sticky, as in, you can't abort it without a partial-birth abortion.

DanGeo23 said:
in the case of rape.. I would hope that she would be seen by a doctor.... collect evidence... fry the fucker that did that to her... and quickly make a decision on fate of the, Embryo/fetus/cell cluster/baby.... I don't feel she should be made to bear that burden of the rape for the rest of her life... however... don't show up 9 months later and say "but I was raped".... too late in my opinion.. lets talk about adoption....

I am not a woman and couldn't tell anyone what its like emotionally or physically to be raped. ... I know its devestating.... I can only hope that she would be strong enough to get checked out and make a decision ASAP...

ohh and did I mention fry that fucker...
any man that does that to a woman.. should be ass raped with broken bottles till he bleeds to death... just my opinion..
:thumbsup:

Rapists... shudder.

"Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries!" I don't have ovaries, but it's a suitable quote.

As for the death penalty, I'm torn on the subject. I'm torn on both of these subjects. How do you know that baby you want to abort won't discover the cure to cancer? How do you know, how do you know, how do you know?

I hate not knowing things.

The death penalty... are you ever paralyzed by seeing all sides of an issue?

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
People drown cats. Cats have DNA.
and I'm sure we can agree that that is bullshit...

At that stage, the embryo is sticky, as in, you can't abort it without a partial-birth abortion.
Pain = wrong...
I finally looked it up... here.. and it says that the baby feels pain at 12 weeks... heart at 5... own blood type and produces the blood itself at 7... 8 measurable brain waves...
... so based on this its hard for me to view it as just a clump of cells... I still feel that for humane reasons pain is a viable measure... but the 7 week production of its own blood... with its own blood type.. makes me start leaning earlier.. but for my personal opinion... 10 weeks is the latest (10 not 12 cause some grow faster than others... )

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Tylerc said:
Junglizm-I totally agree.

Any murder knowingly committed should be punished with the death penalty. This includes drunk driving, because you decided to drink and then drive.
Throw rape and child molestation in there too.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
Partial-birth aborition is horrible - it is murder. But by that time, the fetus is able to survive on its own (breath etc...). However, during the first trimester, the fetus is no more than a cluster of cells; it cannot survive on its own, its organs aren't functional, and nothing can work independently.

Pro-Choice is fine until those stupid mothers decide to have partial-birth abortion WHEN they are delivering the baby...sickos.

Tylerc

#1 DDR Player
MaxPower said:
Throw rape and child molestation in there too.
Oh yeah.

But wait, then the Catholic Church wouldn't have any priests left!

HEYOOO.