WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Abortion - This should start a great rant....

jamesp

In Memory...
Okay, here's the deal, we had to do a debate on abortion in school a while back, and well, passions got re-inflamed so I decided to post the argument in here and see what gets kicked up....

What do you guys think? Should abortion be illegalized or is it fine as is?

Personally I think it is terrible, and should be quite illegal, if not just because the artificial creation of life (cloning) is illegal, so should the artificial destruction of life be illegal. I mean come on, aren't people murdering these poor children?

tama_drumz_76

Bitch'n'Moan
Fucking abortion!

Here's my views, if you don't want the fucking waste of money, kill it and get rid of it. I do believe there is a point that it's too late to abort, where it can hurt the woman to do it, but if so, then have the birth... Then put the little bastard in a god damn dumpster! Problem friggin' solved.

I hate children, if I had gotten my woman pregnant and we couldn't afford the abortion, I would go up there with a Xacto and a scissor myself and cut that fetus out myself. Or... dumpster it.

jamesp

In Memory...
tama_drumz_76 said:
Fucking abortion!

Here's my views, if you don't want the fucking waste of money, kill it and get rid of it. I do believe there is a point that it's too late to abort, where it can hurt the woman to do it, but if so, then have the birth... Then put the little bastard in a god damn dumpster! Problem friggin' solved.

I hate children, if I had gotten my woman pregnant and we couldn't afford the abortion, I would go up there with a Xacto and a scissor myself and cut that fetus out myself. Or... dumpster it.
you have got to be the most retarded piece of shit I have ever heard from, do the world a favor and go shoot yourself. :gun:

Thanks for your opinion!

I'll have to agree with jamesp's position of abortion...

except in a few cases... rape, or where a pregnancy can threaten the woman's life.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
It should be legal, otherwise we're back to the dark ages.We the taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill though.

jamesp

In Memory...
GottaHurt said:
It should be legal, otherwise we're back to the dark ages.We the taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill though.
If girls can go out get, pregnant, and then just erase their mistake, don't you think this is kind of promoting irresponsibility? Don't get me wrong, rape, and life threatining situations are different, but ignorant teenagers getting pregnant, and getting unpregnant is rediculous, that child has to pay the price for their stupidity.

tama_drumz_76

Bitch'n'Moan
That's just my opinion. I really do not like children. Maybe I'm selfish, but I want to live my life, not raise them and waste my money for them. If I actually wanted kids and tried to have them it's a different story, but if it was an accident, say birth control failed, sorry but I'm aborting. I was exaggerating a little, because being at WTF.com, I figured it would a bit funny considering it's ranting and raving.

Oh yeah, also I wouldn't want my woman being fat and ugly... I would have to leave her on principal. Stretched cunt? Stretch Marks? I'll have none of that, she has to keep herself beautiful, or boot. Yeah, I'm a dick, but she knows how it is with me.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
jamesp said:
If girls can go out get, pregnant, and then just erase their mistake, don't you think this is kind of promoting irresponsibility? Don't get me wrong, rape, and life threatining situations are different, but ignorant teenagers getting pregnant, and getting unpregnant is rediculous, that child has to pay the price for their stupidity.

Personally I'm against abortion, but I'm Pro Choice. Doesn't make sense on the surface, but I look at the alternatives for women, and also, I'm not the one (as a male) who has to carry the child to term. So who am I, as a male, to tell a woman that she has no say so in regard to her body? This is one of the toughest social issues our country is constantly faced with.

tama_drumz_76

Bitch'n'Moan
A lot of people don't feel they're responsible enough to raise a child, especially if they're only a teenager, if this is the case, I see no reason why the girl shouldn't be able to choose to abort the child. Especially if she was going to get no help from the father, or don't know who the father is. I mean they're still going to carry the emotional stress and their pointed with 3 options... Abortion, adoption, or keeping it. Some not being able to do it yet, too young, too much school, it can be tough. It's not always the girls fault especially... Guys can be irresponsible... we know that don't we.

Personally I practice very safe sex, because I do not want to have to abort or have to deal with a child. And have been very succesful thus far, even after having mucho grande amounts of sex, so I'm glad I don't have to do anything about it at all... It's a tough decision to make for many, but I'm fairly heartless, so abortion works for me long as the woman is ok with it.

Population control should be put into effect anyway, there's too many damn people in this world.

jamesp

In Memory...
tama_drumz_76 said:
A lot of people don't feel they're responsible enough to raise a child, especially if they're only a teenager, if this is the case, I see no reason why the girl shouldn't be able to choose to abort the child. Especially if she was going to get no help from the father, or don't know who the father is. I mean they're still going to carry the emotional stress and their pointed with 3 options... Abortion, adoption, or keeping it. Some not being able to do it yet, too young, too much school, it can be tough. It's not always the girls fault especially... Guys can be irresponsible... we know that don't we.

Personally I practice very safe sex, because I do not want to have to abort or have to deal with a child. And have been very succesful thus far, even after having mucho grande amounts of sex, so I'm glad I don't have to do anything about it at all... It's a tough decision to make for many, but I'm fairly heartless, so abortion works for me long as the woman is ok with it.

Population control should be put into effect anyway, there's too many damn people in this world.
Because if there is enough stupidity, bad luck, or just plain irresponsibilty to get pregnant, then they should carry that damn kid, and if they think they cant raise it, adoption.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
im pro choice

for a couple of reasons

if you get raped... do you want to carry your rapiest baby....

if carry that child is a risk to your own health

or if its going to come up mentally challange

in any other case if your fucking around and you get pregent then its your fault

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
jamesp said:
Because if there is enough stupidity, bad luck, or just plain irresponsibilty to get pregnant, then they should carry that damn kid, and if they think they cant raise it, adoption.
I agree with your anger on the subject, but in the long run, we the taxpayer foot the bill.

I think that women/girls under the age of 18 who become pregnant, should be the responsibilty of their parents. In other words, the parents of said pregnant woman/girl should foot the bill, there should be no government subsidy for health care,welfare, food stamps or WIC. Maybe then, parents would wake up and teach their kids responsibility, instead of passing the buck onto the taxpayer.

I'm tired of seeing 15 y/o girls at the supermarket buying steaks for their punk ass boyfriends, and talking on their cell phone.If you need welfare, then you can't afford a cell phone.

Accountability.

jamesp

In Memory...
GottaHurt said:
I agree with your anger on the subject, but in the long run, we the taxpayer foot the bill.

I think that women/girls under the age of 18 who become pregnant, should be the responsibilty of their parents. In other words, the parents of said pregnant woman/girl should foot the bill, there should be no government subsidy for health care,welfare, food stamps or WIC. Maybe then, parents would wake up and teach their kids responsibility, instead of passing the buck onto the taxpayer.

I'm tired of seeing 15 y/o girls at the supermarket buying steaks for their punk ass boyfriends, and talking on their cell phone.If you need welfare, then you can't afford a cell phone.

Accountability.
Thank You! Oh God thank you.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
GottaHurt said:

Accountability.
HELL YEAH!

thats what i am fucking talking about... and those girls should get no help to go to fucking college either... here i sit busting my ass... why hand them a free education when they are too stupid.. to use a condom or go on birthcontrol....

fuck that...

starve... go out and hunt...

I hate people like that

welfare was put into check in the 30's for people who where in their 50s and so and could not find a Job... not for those to lazy to work...

yowatupdogg

Banned - What an Asshat!
i also have to agree jamesp he is right in what he says

also abortion is harmful to the woman it cause brest cancer and all this bad shit

the french suck

---------------------------------------------
pain can be such a horrible thing

Fl!ck

Spring Chicken
I have no idea if i think it should be legal or not becuase, It's hard making the decision the have an abortion but if u do have one u could live to regret it but, if you gave birth and then couldn't give it away becoz u gorwn attached to it then you would be in a whole lot of other shit if you couldnt handle a baby

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
GottaHurt said:
Personally I'm against abortion, but I'm Pro Choice. Doesn't make sense on the surface, but I look at the alternatives for women, and also, I'm not the one (as a male) who has to carry the child to term. So who am I, as a male, to tell a woman that she has no say so in regard to her body? This is one of the toughest social issues our country is constantly faced with.
Actually that makes perfect sense. I'm pro-choice but I'm against abortion. In my case anyhow. If I were to get pregnant and not want a child of my own, I'd put it up for adoption. There are plenty of people out there that do want a child and can't have one of their own. Why abort something that could have a wonderful life with someone else? If I don't want ot spend the money, someone else will take on that responsibility. Too many people are so afraid of adoption. Why?! It's a great way to "get rid" of the baby and it's responcibilities while at the same time giving the baby a chance to live and helping to make another person very happy.

I'm also pro-choice cause I feel it's not my business to tell others what to believe. It's like telling someone that because I'm christian their religion should be christianity as well or they are worthless. It's not for me to say what others are to believe. If they believe it is not killing a life to be then that's their belief. I dont' condone in anyway using abortion as a form of birth control cause abortion itself is bad for the body as well. Sometimes, the person getting the abortion can no longer have children just because something went wrong with the abortion opporation. Morally it's just wrong too, but again it's not my place to tell someone what to do with their body. Unless of course the option they choose would kill them...then I'd voice my opinion and strongly at that!

I wouldn't choose abortion it like I said. My only choices would be keep it or put it up for adoption. I was adopted and turned out just fine! Not all adoptions work out as well as myself, but it's a chance for a life at all if not a better life anyhow.

So to answer the original question posted, I think it should be legal. Besides, those that do chose abortion are greatly helping the over-population of people and less tress and animals have to be killed for us.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Fl!ck said:
I have no idea if i think it should be legal or not becuase, It's hard making the decision the have an abortion but if u do have one u could live to regret it but, if you gave birth and then couldn't give it away becoz u gorwn attached to it then you would be in a whole lot of other shit if you couldnt handle a baby
I'd get attached too but wouldn't you be happier knowing you are giving your baby a better chance at a good life by giving it to a family that could handle the responcibilities? would that help you give it to another loving couple, knowing that if you kept it and couldn't handle it you'd be starving your own baby of a possible better lifestyle? These days you can choose the adoptive parents yourself and even have an agreement to stay in touch if desired.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
I seem to recall an abortion debate here a while ago. I stated my stance in that thread fairly clearly I think, but I'm not sure where it is. If I can find it I'll repost it, but if not then I guess I can just restate my position.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Well I found it, so you can find mine and other's opinions here: http://www.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=303&page=2

more on that though, I feel like the Pro Life, Pro Choice debate is a little skewed, because in reality isn't everyone Pro Life and Pro Choice. It's just differences of opinion on where the life begins and where the choices should end. The terms are just there because the extremists on either sides are trying to skew the issues to make their positions look most appealing and the other side's look more unreasonable.

Last edited by a moderator: