WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

About Graphical Signatures...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unforgiven said:
he actually did not say that. your mind tricked you into thinking he said that, when he actually didn't. it's a fucked up system.
Yes, the story of my life...lol..

PS It would be so frelling cool if we could have bigger, animated sigs....I have a bad ass one with lightning and a dragon and a wizard CL made me....

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
dustinzgirl said:
PS It would be so frelling cool if we could have bigger, animated sigs....
Fortunately we will never allow such insane signatures. They add no value and actually detract significantly.

PS: Watch farscape much? :cool:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
BRiT said:
Fortunately we will never allow such insane signatures. They add no value and actually detract significantly.

PS: Watch farscape much? :cool:
Artistic value! and they only detract from posts I would not read anyways....Ok, i get your point.
:(

PS...Only once an Ohn or so........

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
dustinzgirl said:
Artistic value! and they only detract from posts I would not read anyways....Ok, i get your point.
:(
That sig is a real piece of art. It looks damn nice. The downside to large sigs like that is how bandwidth intesive it would be. If every poster had such a sig, with only 30 posts per page of a thread, that would be over 20 MEGS of data that needs to be transfered. None of which has anything to do at all with the thread-discussion. Typically that would be 20 Megs of graphics vs 0.4 Megs of content; a waste ratio of 50 to 1. Anyone who isn't on broadband, which is a very significant portion of our users, would suffer drasticly.

I'm not opposed to someone starting a thread about "What graphical signature would you use?" if people posted them as links or attachments. That would serve enough of a warning to low bandwidth users.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
BRiT said:
That sig is a real piece of art. It looks damn nice. The downside to large sigs like that is how bandwidth intesive it would be. If every poster had such a sig, with only 30 posts per page of a thread, that would be over 20 MEGS of data that needs to be transfered. None of which has anything to do at all with the thread-discussion. Typically that would be 20 Megs of graphics vs 0.4 Megs of content; a waste ratio of 50 to 1. Anyone who isn't on broadband, which is a very significant portion of our users, would suffer drasticly.

I'm not opposed to someone starting a thread about "What graphical signature would you use?" if people posted them as links or attachments. That would serve enough of a warning to low bandwidth users.
Yes, I understand. I was just razzing ya. The thread would be a good idea. Mabye I will start that, but Ill probably have CL do it, because I have no idea how to attach photos. Well, I could. I just dont want too.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You could have image size limits.

Jung

???
Premium
BRiT said:
imo it's very annoying when someone's sig is larger than their average 1-2 sentence reply. images make it even more annoying.

not directed at any one person:
we know you or someone you know is really good with photoshop, make a thread if you want to show it off.