About Graphical Signatures...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unforgiven said:
he actually did not say that. your mind tricked you into thinking he said that, when he actually didn't. it's a fucked up system.

Yes, the story of my life...lol..

PS It would be so frelling cool if we could have bigger, animated sigs....I have a bad ass one with lightning and a dragon and a wizard CL made me....

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
dustinzgirl said:
I have a bad ass one with lightning and a dragon and a wizard CL made me....

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
dustinzgirl said:
PS It would be so frelling cool if we could have bigger, animated sigs....

Fortunately we will never allow such insane signatures. They add no value and actually detract significantly.

PS: Watch farscape much? :cool:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
BRiT said:
Fortunately we will never allow such insane signatures. They add no value and actually detract significantly.

PS: Watch farscape much? :cool:

Artistic value! and they only detract from posts I would not read anyways....Ok, i get your point.
:(

PS...Only once an Ohn or so........

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
dustinzgirl said:
Artistic value! and they only detract from posts I would not read anyways....Ok, i get your point.
:(

That sig is a real piece of art. It looks damn nice. The downside to large sigs like that is how bandwidth intesive it would be. If every poster had such a sig, with only 30 posts per page of a thread, that would be over 20 MEGS of data that needs to be transfered. None of which has anything to do at all with the thread-discussion. Typically that would be 20 Megs of graphics vs 0.4 Megs of content; a waste ratio of 50 to 1. Anyone who isn't on broadband, which is a very significant portion of our users, would suffer drasticly.

I'm not opposed to someone starting a thread about "What graphical signature would you use?" if people posted them as links or attachments. That would serve enough of a warning to low bandwidth users.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
BRiT said:
That sig is a real piece of art. It looks damn nice. The downside to large sigs like that is how bandwidth intesive it would be. If every poster had such a sig, with only 30 posts per page of a thread, that would be over 20 MEGS of data that needs to be transfered. None of which has anything to do at all with the thread-discussion. Typically that would be 20 Megs of graphics vs 0.4 Megs of content; a waste ratio of 50 to 1. Anyone who isn't on broadband, which is a very significant portion of our users, would suffer drasticly.

I'm not opposed to someone starting a thread about "What graphical signature would you use?" if people posted them as links or attachments. That would serve enough of a warning to low bandwidth users.

Yes, I understand. I was just razzing ya. The thread would be a good idea. Mabye I will start that, but Ill probably have CL do it, because I have no idea how to attach photos. Well, I could. I just dont want too.

Jung

???
Premium
BRiT said:
imo it's very annoying when someone's sig is larger than their average 1-2 sentence reply. images make it even more annoying.

not directed at any one person:
we know you or someone you know is really good with photoshop, make a thread if you want to show it off.