WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Abstence

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
Schools should learn that telling a kid to not have sex isn't going to work. Some kids just don't have sex cause chicks don't like them. Then the ones that get chicks that like them, do end up having sex. So what could the school do, to prevent this? Tell kids to go jerk off. Cause it takes out the urge a tad, enough to hold them a little longer. Cause if a kid doesn't have sex or jerk off, is bound to go insane. And those that can, just have problems. Yes I know this is a weird post, but I was just thinking about what a waste of time all those health classes were.

I couldn't agree more.. the only reason I haven't had sex is not because of what I learned in school, it's because of what my parents ingrained in me and my morals that keep me from doing it.

While I do think schools should educate about safe sex and STD's, I don't think abstinence should be encouraged per-se. Probably every kid that sets foot in a health class already has his or her mind made up about if given the chance to fuck if they would or not, so yeah, it's pretty much pointless to try to teach that.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
WTF is this Abstence you speak of? :confused:

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Yeah really, what the fuck is abstinence, you cannot live an abstinent life. Once you are born, life screws you.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
And all this time I thought I was a virgin! :(

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
how about encouraging safe sex at schools. give out condoms, learn the children about methods of safe sex, and other options that they could excersize. Most of all, in my opinion, treat them like they have half a brain, and don't just keep telling them "no". a child's inherant behavior is to disobey rules and authority. Educate them on what could happen to them if they dont use condoms and sleeping with multiple partners... etc. I think the truth is a much better weapon than preaching abstinence.

LewdM@thew

Banned - What an Asshat!
tbsrk said:
how about encouraging safe sex at schools. give out condoms...
Hellyeah....those fukers are expensive

I've heard that they actually have condom machines in the high schools in France. All I have to say is that's the best damn idea ever.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Abstence sucks .... now excuse me while I go figure out how to pay for my 5 kids to go to college.

hobie237

Fresh Meat
options... its all about options

the truth is that schools, if they must get involved, should not preach one thing or another, just teach the pros and cons of both... thats what my school did and it worked, and the truth is that abstinance is the only 100% effective way to to avoid prregnancy and stds... HOWEVER
why should schools get involved in this??????????? what are parents for????

MsPunK

Tenderony
pimpyobitch said:
Schools should learn that telling a kid to not have sex isn't going to work. Some kids just don't have sex cause chicks don't like them. Then the ones that get chicks that like them, do end up having sex. So what could the school do, to prevent this? Tell kids to go jerk off. Cause it takes out the urge a tad, enough to hold them a little longer. Cause if a kid doesn't have sex or jerk off, is bound to go insane. And those that can, just have problems. Yes I know this is a weird post, but I was just thinking about what a waste of time all those health classes were.
I think schools should just teach about sexually transmitted diseases. yeh i guess not having sex till your "ready" is important but whats more important is your health. if a teacher tells a kid not to have sex, whats gonna happen....

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
That, or the schools can just shut the fuck up. Damn those motherfuckers!

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
In my opinion, schools are the one teaching kids about sex, and the kids are curious about it, thats why they want to have sex at such a young age, if they stopped teaching it, maybe we would have less kids having sex.