WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Abuse of Media ownership? Sinclair to air anti-Kerry film in primetime...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Pack your bags, folks! We're moving to Canada!

That's it...we're fucked...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
That does'nt sound any worse than say .... the president addressing the public on network television to announce a bogus threat that elevates the national terrorist threat level right in the middle of the Democratic National Convention.
Nothing like "abuse of power" there ... lol ....

I find it amazing that all these conservitive minded baboons can constantly complain about the "liberal run media" while the president abuses his powers and the sinclair broadcast group can force their sludge to be aired.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
hopefully we have enough intelligent people in the country to not be swayed by a fucking tv movie, but dont count on it

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I keep hoping that at least one election will be decided based on political agenda and past administrative performance of the candidates. I guess that is just wishful thinking on my part.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
hopefully we have enough intelligent people in the country to not be swayed by a fucking tv movie, but dont count on it
so very true.

morelos

lexicon incognito
it's doing this in response to the ted koppel piece where koppel read the names and they showed the pictures of all the war dead.

they ordered their affiliates not to show that piece, but many of them did anyway; you can expect many of their affiliates to do the same thing and just say "no."

~ dan ~

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hmmm...you have a point, Morelos...

Maybe not all hope is lost...

shep

Local alcoholic
jstager said:
Pack your bags, folks! We're moving to Canada!

That's it...we're fucked...
It's no better up here as we are taxed to death.Nah it's a great place to live :thumbsup: (besides the tax and our own fucked up goverment) :thumbsdn:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20041011.asp#1 and I saw an article in ... I believe it was the USA Today... maybe the Detroit Free Press.. but I think USA today.. that broke down each media outlets post debate coverage... and what percentage was of time was given to a rep from each side.. and suprising to you but not to me Fox news was the closest to 50/50 outta all the other media outlets... I have searched high and low for the article online.. but I read it at work and can't find it online... maybe someone else read it...

morelos

lexicon incognito
wait.. why would fox news be the biggest surprise, considering everyone else on earth posted that kerry annihilated bush in both debates?

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I will concede that Kerry beat Bush in the first debate... he gave GB many fastballs right down the pipe.. but Bush sat back and did nothing.. he just looked dumb... I coulda beat JK in that debate... now the second.. Gdubs won that one... all JK did was further contratict his previous stances... he remained "user friendly" by using catch phrases that people wanna hear.. but he says one thing and his record shows another...

... now as for my previous post... I guess I wasn't clear.. they counted up the # of representitives/pundints that talked on each network and placed them into either a right or left category... like when Hillary and Terry Mc. spoke on Fox News... they got counted into the left... then they took the # of people representing the left and the # representing the right and added that up... making a total.. 100%... then they figured out what percentage of the total coverage on each network went to each side... if you had 5 on the left and 5 on the right.. then it would be 50-50 coverage ... (I don't know why I am explaining this further I just remembered you are a math teacher...) Fox was the closest to having it right down the middle... both canidates were in the 50% range... other outlets were like 70-30 and 60-40... but Fox gets the rap as being so far right of center...