WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Acquaintance Unrequited

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
I went shopping a bit early for Christmas Dinner and while I was there, I saw an old acquaintance from middle and high school. We go to the same college, but we don't speak much. I did, however, wanted to exchange some courtesy hellos and that's all. "Hey, ______", is all I say and I get nothing in response. She even whispers to someone else "Go go go."

What the fuck did I do to deserve the disrespect? Because I totally feel disrespected. At first I was trying to internalize and process what happened; it started with sadness, then disappointment, and here I am now!

I have a strong feel there's a combination of not speaking to each other for quite a while and the fact that she's probably repulsed by the fact that I'm not the greatest looking and fat.

The worst thing about this is that she works at the school's post office, meaning another inevitable interaction, but I at least get the opportunity to be openly passive-aggressive.

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
I went shopping a bit early for Christmas Dinner and while I was there, I saw an old acquaintance from middle and high school. We go to the same college, but we don't speak much. I did, however, wanted to exchange some courtesy hellos and that's all. "Hey, ______", is all I say and I get nothing in response. She even whispers to someone else "Go go go."

What the fuck did I do to deserve the disrespect? Because I totally feel disrespected. At first I was trying to internalize and process what happened; it started with sadness, then disappointment, and here I am now!

I have a strong feel there's a combination of not speaking to each other for quite a while and the fact that she's probably repulsed by the fact that I'm not the greatest looking and fat.

The worst thing about this is that she works at the school's post office, meaning another inevitable interaction, but I at least get the opportunity to be openly passive-aggressive.
Some people are just awful.

• 1Agree
Reactions: BrIONwoshMunky

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
I think you're both right. I like closure, so I'll ask her directly when we're at school. If I get ghosted on again, I'll acknowledge the past is totally behind me and move on.

Out2Lunch

☠️
Why is it important for you to get her opinion or respect? If you heard her clearly say “Go go go”, then why waist your time doing any thing other than asking for your mail? Plus middle school and high school acquaintances? Ha! If you were acquaintances with these people it was because you were forced to be around them during those times! Your interactions with them didn’t mean jack shit.