WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Add some pictures of your desktops folks!

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Do it damnit, DO IT!

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
dude, i tried, gave me an error...maybe its been discussed but its been such a long time since i last came...eh...

magnolia

Postaholic
I tried to do it too, but it wouldn't let me either. :( and it won't let me attach the pic to here either. this womps big time. :(

Jason

Founder
WTF

Back to the factory...

Jason

Founder
marius: when was the last time you tried? The last time there was an upload error (several weeks ago) I fixed it.. There are a couple uploads this month already by reguler members in fact..

Guys, what specifically are the stats of what you are trying to upload? The file extension? jpg? jpeg? We don't take gifs, just a fyi.

...and what was the filesize of the images you are trying to upload? Did you try a different file as a test at all? I'd like to fix this is there is a problem and any help would be well helpful. ;)

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I just uploaded my desktop image. It worked perfectly fine for me except it gave me a 404 error image not found when I submited the image details such name and description. I check the gallery and the image was there. :thumbsup:

Jason

Founder
Appears only a few are getting through because of:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1600 bytes) in /path/to/galleryhere

Whoops. I'm on it. ;)

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Jason said:
Whoops. I'm on it. ;)
Don't work too hard, we don't want you to get hurt.

BTW: Thank you for all of the work you put into the site.

Jason

Founder
Hey thanks man appreciate it...

Hopefully it's fixed now (in gallery and forums), let me know if it isn't folks!

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
ok here's mine <3 EEyore

This is mah desktop >.<

Jung

???
Premium
Jason said:
New photo gallery category, take a screenshot and upload it now!

Let's see what you got!
I tried, but the max size limit is too small.
sinamon said:
This is mah desktop >.<
I think he meant add them to the gallery.

Jason

Founder
jung: What was the exact filesize of your upload that failed?

magnolia

Postaholic
when i try to upload any pic the little window that pops up tells me "the page cannot be displayed" how the heck do I fix this?

Jung

???
Premium
Jason said:
jung: What was the exact filesize of your upload that failed?
263KB, and that's after I converted from PNG to jpg.
There were 1 files which exceeded limits which do not appear in this list:
Win-desk.jpg (exceeds your space limitation).
Either remove files to make more room or reduce the size of the files you are uploading and then try again.
Here's the problem.

Jason

Founder
I can add more room.. Though you may want to optimize images of that size.. 250k+ on a jpg, that can be reduced a bit no? lol

I don't think we need to see it in HDTV! ;)

Jung

???
Premium
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2400 bytes) in /home/whatthe/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 112
:(

Descent

Hella Constipated
Still isn't working. I just finished a virgin Windows 2000 install and I am loving it :p.