WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Adopt a n00b

Invader

Last Living Souls
Adopt n00bs to help them feel like they belong and so we dont have as many people signing up and leaving...

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I'm gonna say no.

Half the people that sign up, do it because it sounds fun, they post once and never come back. They don't even read the replies.

If you need to be "adopted" on a forum you don't need to be on THIS forum.

Won't some one adopt me? Come on, I drink all day and all night if you want me to :D Plus I'm an insomniac /e bonus points

Boycott

Soul Doubt
fortemptation said:
Won't some one adopt me? Come on, I drink all day and all night if you want me to :D Plus I'm an insomniac /e bonus points
Only if you share the alcohol.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
If they can't get through the initiation, then they don't belong here anyway. Are you PMSing or something Invader? You seem very sensitive and emotional lately.

keebs

Particinator
When you say adopt a noob, do you mean, have a noob for a slave? and i promise this time i wont forget to feed my noob if get one.

Invader

Last Living Souls
All this shitty ass posting is due to the recent problems I have been having.. I would love to explain when it is over...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I adopted a dog once. It got aten by bigger, meaner dogs.

Sorry n00bs, you are on your own. Study us, learn us, join us. But we all had to be new, and we all had to take shit for a good three months or three hundred posts. Deal.:rolleyes:

i adopted noobs in the past, i find that i can never get rid of them. then i have to house train, feed, eh as long as the new batch comes house trained, and i can get rid of them once they grow up a bit.

Jugular

volatile
I barely made it past 200 posts, and I'm still a tiny bit known around these parts.

The St.Anger sucess story; If I can do it, you can do it too!

I'd rather have an ounce of respect and not be known by many than just be known for being hated.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
I don't remember taking shit. I think I had a shit shield on or something. But then again, if you can dish it, you could take it. Maybe shit just slides off me? Hmmm..../me ponders shit.

Oh, and St. Anger, I wouldn't count our chickens. You're still a noobie boobie.

After climbing up a mountain covered in ice while having shit poured on my face in buckets to get to whatever position I have at this forum, I feel bitter about the idea of adopting new people and giving them the easy way in.

eh as a noob, you have to show em what your made of. i had a so so start, well i think i'm still so so, but every now and then i say something smart. usually happens when the planets aline. i earned a couple peoples respect along the way. as a noob alls you can do is ride it out, dish it, deal it and stand your ground. if you come in guns a blazing, your usually gone fast. come in quietly, read losts of posts, slowly build a posting feel, then start shooting off every now and then, your chances are a bit better. BCB i think thats what you did. some people come in, can hold their own, can dish and take it, and be cool with people are rare. so don't think you can run into a community and build a rep right away. stick it out and you'll earn people respect.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'm currently accepting oral favors from n00bs over the age of 18

Jung

???
Premium
Invader said:
Adopt n00bs to help them feel like they belong and so we dont have as many people signing up and leaving...
Is posting on the internet really so hard that you need a mentor? If so, I'd suggest selling your computer and killing yourself.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
The Xephon said:
Que? call me stupid, but whats a noob? anything like a boob?
newb = newbie, or new person.

noob = annoying new person.

boob = tits.

they are all the same.