WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Advertising taking it too far?

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I found this ad while skiing through the internet...

A randomly placed girl for an ad for internet. Is she supposed to be an IT girl? Or just there so someone will click the link and accidently sign up? Is she switching to Powerweb.com? Will she be in the 24/7 chat room? I'm confused why the girl is there :p

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
looks to me like she accidently walked into the photo..

wilko125

Rep My Post
Duh, its a sexual insentive, eg the stereotype that most people on the internet are guys, makes this add more likely to get attention from them... notice how she is slightly pulling her top off adn the buttons are undone quite far down, and how the button to sign up is so strategicly (sp?) placed... or it could be my imagination!

Ps this is linked to subliminal messeges; that i used to research!

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
wilko125 said:
...notice how she is slightly pulling her top off...
I think you're reading too far into it. Her neck probably itches.

wilko125

Rep My Post
Nailbomb said:
I think you're reading too far into it. Her neck probably itches.
Lol, but seriously whats more effective in a ad, someone scratching their neck or someone undressing themselves, which one do you think is more interesting to your subconcious? You have to read into them, thats how you identify subliminal targeted advertising.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
I say. NAKED!!!!!! I mean an itch on the back....NAKED!!!!! I'm sorry don't know what came over me I keep having these thoughts about that chick...NAKED!!!!!

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
I'm ready for all of these places to realize that there is a sizable market in women and start using half naked hunky men to advertise with.:D

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
pfft, all women are hot and sexy. and they're all different; it's like a smorgasbord of sexiness out there.

earth is nature's museum, women are the works of art (and some are masterpieces)

Speechless

Stardust's boyfriend
Tostig said:
pfft, all women are hot and sexy. and they're all different; it's like a smorgasbord of sexiness out there.

earth is nature's museum, women are the works of art (and some are masterpieces)
True, but people like some art better then others. And not all paintings are loved by all, or a statue or a sculpture or any artform. The same with women, everyone are beautifull (the same goes with men) it's just a matter of taste.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
she is a visualization for you while your in the 24/7 chat with a 300 lb unshaven pervert homo who is pretending to be a young brunette who is hot fer u...

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
countrygrl said:
I'm ready for all of these places to realize that there is a sizable market in women and start using half naked hunky men to advertise with.:D
:thumbsup:

countrygrl said:
It's because everybody wants to see semi-naked women and not semi-naked men.

Men are hairy and gross. Women are smooth and oh, so good. :happysad:

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
Unforgiven said:
It's because everybody wants to see semi-naked women and not semi-naked men.

Men are hairy and gross. Women are smooth and oh, so good. :happysad:
id have to disagree... not all men are hairy and gross

example 1

and... not all woman seem smooth and silky

example 2

That's not a woman.

That's a walrus.:eek:

I feel sorry for that treadmill.:happysad:

Tostig said:
pfft, all women are hot and sexy.
To put it shortly, I disagree.

I have two words for you to google, and these words are not for the faint of heart or mind. These words are: Tub Girl

Again, I am not saying anyone should actually google that phrase. Knowing what's on the other end of that phrase, I most definitely would not google it again. However, I think anyone who does decide to google that will soon find out that I have a good point.