WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Aeon Flux

Worst....Movie....ever....WTF did any one else see this piece of crap?

If i wouldnt have used free movie passes to get in, I would have rioted to get back my money and time of my life wasted. :gun: :eek:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Why do you say it was so terrible? Did you not grasp the concepts?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
can someone go into a lil' more detail as to why this movie is good or bad, my wife wants to go see it and i'm inclined to join her as i want to stare at theron in latex.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I did see it and thought it was actually pretty good. The story setup was a bit slow but short of skipping things I don't see a way around that. The acting was good, the set design was good, the effects were WELL done.

All in all it was a good movie. It wasn't the cartoon by any means but then I didn't want it to be.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
UberSkippy said:
I did see it and thought it was actually pretty good. The story setup was a bit slow but short of skipping things I don't see a way around that. The acting was good, the set design was good, the effects were WELL done.

All in all it was a good movie. It wasn't the cartoon by any means but then I didn't want it to be.
ok, you sold it to my wife.. but what of the latex suit?

void said:
It's good. Ok, now hop into the wagon and be on your way.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
void said:
Uhh, it wasn't as flashy as in the cartoons. She spent more time covered up really. Still looked hawt though.

Besides, if your wife wants to see it you'll make points for going with right? And it's not some lame ass chick flick that'll make her want to talk about emotions when it's over. It's sort of a win win for you unless you both think it totally blows in which case I'm sure I'll hear all about it.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
hmm, sounds good. I saw King Kong.
The animation is pretty good, but i think they put to many insects in it *shudders*. Also since yoiu know what happens in the end, it kinda looses its .......i dont know the word....punch? but its a really well done movie in my opinion. I also want to see Narnia...any reviews?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
void said:
can someone go into a lil' more detail as to why this movie is good or bad, my wife wants to go see it and i'm inclined to join her as i want to stare at theron in latex.
First off it depends on whether or not you have ever liked the anime of Aeon Flux. It was one of the first cartoons that got me into more adult themed cartoons.

The story line is several hundred years in the future, after a huge virus that wipes out most of the population, people live in a walled and highly controlled city. The ruling body is mostly sick with power, but there is one who stands against them. And she looks fucking HAWT in latex. She would also beat the shit out of you which is a major plus in her hawtness factor.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
DG said:
And she looks fucking HAWT in latex. She would also beat the shit out of you which is a major plus in her hawtness factor.
I'm sold! Seriously. I don't care if the script is wonderful or crap now. After all I just sat through Bewitched because of Nicole Kidman so I'm sure I can handle Aeon Flux. Thanx for all the info I'm goin tomorrow!!!

Easty

Click click boom
Never heard of it until this movie came out. But from a bunch of my nerd friends, they say the comic was good, so I expect the movie to be the same. I'll have to see it to judge for myself though.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
If you haven't seen the trailor for it, I suggest it :) Its what sold me on the movie... A lot of the movie makes more sense than it should, if that makes sense :p The gun-fight scenes were awesome...

I recommend it :thumbsup:

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i never saw the cartoon version, i was AWOTV back then.. my wife used to watch it and loved it.. big fan.
then we saw the trailer for this movie about 10 times.. after a couple of times she said 'maybe that won't be as shit as i thought it would be..'
we might go xmas day, oh and uber.. i don't get brownie points anymore.. i'm maxed out on rep at home, i don't think there's much i could do to make my wife love me more.. :)

orthon

howdy ya'lll
I did not realize this movie was a cartoon until i cliked this thread, I seen Aeonflux last week and i was very impressed with Charlize Theron, she is one hot woman.The only bit i did not like was the black chick when she apperd with her feet replaced by her hands, i was like wtf is that, dumb as fuck

aeon flux 7/10

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
void said:
i never saw the cartoon version, i was AWOTV back then.. my wife used to watch it and loved it.. big fan.
then we saw the trailer for this movie about 10 times.. after a couple of times she said 'maybe that won't be as shit as i thought it would be..'
we might go xmas day, oh and uber.. i don't get brownie points anymore.. i'm maxed out on rep at home, i don't think there's much i could do to make my wife love me more.. :)
I was thinking more along the lines of getting you laid but ok.

For the fans of the cartoon: The movie isn't exactly like the cartoon. The movie had to cover the whole story beginning to end and they didn't get into as much weird shit as the cartoon did.

What was nice was that they don't appear to have left it open for a sequel.

Also, Charlise Theron did ALL of her stunts in this flick. It's impressive to say the least.

Ok, well the technolodgy was awsome and the design, but it was seriously lacking in entertainment. It moved insanely slow and had a very poor ending. I mean it really felt anticlimatic. there were no points when i lost track of the time that i was siting in the theatre listening to my friend breath. Sure, it had its good points, but it was not the encompassing experiance I have come to expect from storylines in my movies. I suppose the main dissapointment was that I was looking for more action and less of a bad romance flick. It failed at the love scenes every chance it got in my views.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
orthon said:
The only bit i did not like was the black chick when she apperd with her feet replaced by her hands, i was like wtf is that, dumb as fuck
I think they were trying to express the fact that in this civilization, this WAS possible.
It also made for a decent fight scene when Aeon got to kicking her ass.

Pbpsning said:
It failed at the love scenes every chance it got in my views.
This is because it wasn't a movie based on love. Technically it was, but it wasn't BASED on it. The love scenes were there to help move the plot along and get information across to the audience...
I mean, we would have never known the civilization was cloned
, if the love scenes weren't there... Sure, she could have overheard something, but that approach has been taken too many times in movies, IMO.