Age vs. Maturity

teh anarchist

Ånarchist
The more I'm on this forum, and the more I watch people living their lives, the more I realize that age has so very little to do with maturity. I just look around and see many people senior to myself that have no respect for women, don't care about their futures, and generally seem to shit on others' lives.

I guess I've just seen myself and my general group of friends gain maturity and seemingly pass people up to 10+ years older than us in maturity, and that just makes no sense to me.

An example that comes to mind would be johnnyk. He (according to his user profile) is 9 years older than me, yet, at least in his posts, seems much less mature. If I compare him to Icarus and many others members I respect on this site and others that are younger than him, johnny would to rank in at about a 10 year-old level.

Any thoughts?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Johnny is just being a child because he thinks he is funny.

personally, I refuse to age and I refuse to mature.

I have seen kids act with more respect and decision making skills than I have seen in some adults.

johnny kuntz

Top Flamer
You are acting mature.

Acting mature got nothing to do with being mature. Its about taking responsibility.

But please, continu acting mature :)

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Yeah, Johnny's got a point, maturity is the way the human brain progresses to natural events, not exactly the way we behave.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I think that its the enviorment that you live in. If you have to grow up to get a long in your life then you will and hopefully quick or at the rate needed. But if there is no reason for you to grow up sorta speak then you wont.
Just one of those things i guess. Maturity has its up's and down's. It can be quite fun being with a slightly immiture person or it can be just down right annoying..

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
I also think that age has nothing to do with maturity...The last guy I dated was 19 yrs old and he acted like he was 14...then another guy that wanted to be with me was 17 and acted 25...and the guy im with now is 20 and acts my age <23>. So age dont always determine maturity...Im not sure exactly what does...but not always age.

Dave666

Pot-Head
When u compare ur maturity with someone else's that proves how immature u realy are. I don't want to sound all mature and shit because I know that I'm not in any way mature

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I hate the FCC said:
Try 5 years old.

like: You stupid jerk you stole my turn its my turn mOOOOMMMMMOOOOOMMMMM its not fair! I hate you! its my turn im telling you big bully! your being mean to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Yes I have a five year old.

Unforgiven

That Guy
gurlgonewild said:
you should do a survey, "who here acts like they do in real life?"
can't take it so seriously.

wanna know something scary?

you probably know me better than the people i know :confused:

ferengi

Yay fire!
Age really doesn't have much to do with how mature you are. I've always been mature for my age. I've done pretty much everything for myself since I was 5 (or at least tried to). I never really saw the word "penis" or "vagina" as being funny in sex ed class, and never laughed at them. I don't get into pointless arguments, and when I do get into arguments, I have wittier statements than "....well you're a stupid head!" (I've heard a 23 year old man say this to me, no joke...).

There are some full grown adults (supposedly), even on this forum, who haven't really reached a level of maturity capable of handling communication with people more intelligent than them. Pity.

[email protected]

Banned - What an Asshat!
im only an asshole when im here at wtf.com. Im honestly a mellow guy in normal life. Its weird how contagious the attitude here is at this site...before you know it you go from Zen enlightenment to barbequing noobs on a spit. Shit, I remember back in the days when noobie simply meant "new member"...