WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Agent's name leaked by Rove

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
The Associated Press

MONDAY, JULY 4, 2005

WASHINGTON

Agent's name leaked by Rove, magazine says

E-mails surrendered by Time magazine to a grand jury investigating the leak of a CIA agent's identity show that a top White House aide, Karl Rove, was one of the sources, Newsweek magazine reported Sunday.

Rove, who is President George W. Bush's deputy chief of staff, was named as a source by two lawyers involved in the case who asked not to be identified, Newsweek said.

However, an attorney for Rove told Newsweek that his client "never knowingly disclosed classified information" and that "he did not tell any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA."

Time agreed on Thursday to hand over the internal e-mails, which were largely correspondence between their editors and a reporter, Matt Cooper, along with his notes on reporting related to the case. (AFP)

LINK
--------------------------------------------------
Rove, what a surprise...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
innocent until proven guilty... unless you are an evil right-winger...

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
DanGeo23 said:
innocent until proven guilty... unless you are an evil right-winger...
He admitted to doing it genius. :rolleyes: He should be executed for treason, not just because he's an evil GOP bastard, but anyone who lets out an active CIA agent's name should be executed for treason. Just for treason they should bring back beheadings! They'd use a handsaw for it. :D

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
I Hate The FCC said:
He admitted to doing it genius. :rolleyes: He should be executed for treason, not just because he's an evil GOP bastard, but anyone who lets out an active CIA agent's name should be executed for treason. Just for treason they should bring back beheadings! They'd use a handsaw for it. :D
It's a Federal offense, he should be tried and sent to prison...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
he admitted to it.. huh... funny I thought he admitted talking to the reporter... but I didn't think he has admitted it... yet... maybe he did it... I don't know... I wasn't there.. then again neither were you... I guess it will all come out in the wash...

therightiswrong

The right is wrong
It's a crime to knowingly reveal the name of a CIA agent. Rove will claim he did so only by accident.

At the very worst he'll go to a softy prison and be pardoned when Bush leaves office.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
The point is, he's a fucker.

You gotta know the context too, at the time Josef Wilson (CIA agent's husband) made his official report public, wich concluded that Saddam did not try to get enriched uranium from niger. That contradicted with Bush's speech at the 2004 (or 2003?) state of the union.

The media then released information according to wich Wilson's wife was a CIA agent specialized in WMD's. Wilson said this leak was a cheap shot to discredit him and take revenge.

Now we learn that it was Rove. What a fucker.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
RageAgainst said:
The point is, he's a fucker.

You gotta know the context too, at the time Josef Wilson (CIA agent's husband) made his official report public, wich concluded that Saddam did not try to get enriched uranium from niger. That contradicted with Bush's speech at the 2004 (or 2003?) state of the union.

The media then released information according to wich Wilson's wife was a CIA agent specialized in WMD's. Wilson said this leak was a cheap shot to discredit him and take revenge.

Now we learn that it was Rove. What a fucker.
A cheap shot is one thing, putting an agents life at risk, which is what he did, is a whole other thing.

Rove is one dirty bastard...

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
voiceofreason said:
A cheap shot is one thing, putting an agents life at risk, which is what he did, is a whole other thing.

Rove is one dirty bastard...
I guess she has already changed her name by now

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
tis also a crime to steal national security documents from the national archives....
why is it the criticism only comes from one direction here...

Uranium... the same reports on this were believed by many nations and many of your beloved Liberal elected representatives...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
tis also a crime to steal national security documents from the national archives....
why is it the criticism only comes from one direction here...

Uranium... the same reports on this were believed by many nations and many of your beloved Liberal elected representatives...
You are obsessed with Sandy Berger.

What in the hell does it have to do with leaking the name of a CIA operative?

Feeble attempt at mis-direction number 387...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
it just shows the selective moral outrage around here... as soon as someone that is right of center is accused of something, people jump all over them... when someone left of center is proven to have done something shitty and/or illegal... well nobody cares... Sandy Berger is just a fitting example.... both are intel leaks... both should be federal offences... I have yet to see VOR cut and paste an article calling into question any Liberal or Liberal group... you should really see if the LA Times is hiring... you seem to fit in with what they look for in a reporter...

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
DanGeo23 said:
it just shows the selective moral outrage around here... as soon as someone that is right of center is accused of something, people jump all over them... when someone left of center is proven to have done something shitty and/or illegal... well nobody cares... Sandy Berger is just a fitting example.... both are intel leaks... both should be federal offences... I have yet to see VOR cut and paste an article calling into question any Liberal or Liberal group... you should really see if the LA Times is hiring... you seem to fit in with what they look for in a reporter...
You should geht a job at the National Enquirer because you seem to be full of shit.

DanGeo23 said:
Yet, you even mention the word liberal and conservatives jump all over and slamder the word so that the American people associate "liberal" with bad. Hmm... It would seem these people aren't the only ones being hypocritical...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
well... I don't think that the American people associate "liberal" with "bad"... (as much as I wish they would).. I am not a hypocrite about it... I think I have been pretty consistent... I don't have a problem with liberal people... just most liberal ideology... as a whole I think they (liberal people not liberal elected officials) are warm hearted people that want to do what feels right or what is nice... they have honorable intentions... and they truely want what is best for our nation... I just think that their methods and opinions are wrong.. we want the same thing.. just have different opinions on what needs to happen to get it done...
without "liberal" there would be no "conservative"

in the end, all that matters is that rove is a fuck.
only now, not even right-wingers can defend him.