WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ahhh! I'm sick of your PMS, dad!

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Seriously! I am so fucking sick of him acting like this. I'm in my school's color guard and there's this guard camp coming up that'll cost $400 to go... My parents were reluctant but slightly willing to pay for it... So I was kind of excited. 10 out of 16 people on the team are going, and that means those 10 people will be getting even better than I am already, which is funny, because I don't know anything, because I'm a complete n00b.
So, my mom and dad talk it over on the phone, about how it could work, blah blah blah. They stop talking, I say, "Just letting you know, guard is like the soccer team, they don't let people know things in advance, blah blah blah..." and he just goes, "Stop arguing about nothing."
I'm just sitting there like wtf, I wasn't arguing
That escalates into him acting like a teenage girl, with the whole stressed sighing thing. EUGHHHH
So he gets pissed off because I reacted to his little fit, and because reacting is something that nobody EVER does, I get in trouble, he calls up my mom, says, "You know what, on second thought, no she's not going to the camp," he hangs up, looks to me and says, "SEE HOW FAST THAT WAS?!?!?!"
I'm so fucking fed up with his immaturity. Why don't you see how fast this is, dad. :mfinger:

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Heh. I know how you feel, Im in colorguard too (have been for 3 yrs), and this year's camp is ridiculously high for some asshole to come and spit on us for not knowing anything. As for this year though, I may quit, becuase for one, our instructor is reigning bitch on her little high chair and two, its not as fun as it used to be and I have the chance to be in art 5, im gonna fuckin take it!

As for your dad, they're all immature, best you can do is just pick your battles, because you cant win them all, but you can win the ones that matter.

spastiiic

Easily Amused
$400 for colorgaurd camp? That seems a bit rediculous, seeing as ours is free.. eh, what can you do, though? Anyway, male PMS is never fun. I'd tell your dad where to stick it. That's just me, though.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
parents like to have control they feel like they have control when they can take things away easily. you are their daughter/son though - so sometimes you need to learn to kiss a little ass. when you move out and pay for your own shit things will be so much better. always keep that thought in the back of your mind and things should work out.

good luck with your nazi father.

Holy shitballs, girl! I think we have the same father! I swear, there has to be such a thing as male menopause and he is going through it. He's the exact same way, sighing and grunting like a frickin child when he doesn't get his way. Then says he doesn't want to argue. Pfft.......

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
zoloftcasserole said:
Holy shitballs, girl! I think we have the same father! I swear, there has to be such a thing as male menopause and he is going through it. He's the exact same way, sighing and grunting like a frickin child when he doesn't get his way. Then says he doesn't want to argue. Pfft.......
there is - when a guiys testosterone levels get too low they get kinda bitchy!

icka said:
there is - when a guiys testosterone levels get too low they get kinda bitchy!
lol, that explains so much! I think he was born with menopause.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
you know this money has to be worked for? perhaps if i was still young i'd take a positive side but I know how it is to hear "dad, buy me this..". should hear me when my wife says she needs such and such money for college books...

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Darklight said:
you know this money has to be worked for? perhaps if i was still young i'd take a positive side but I know how it is to hear "dad, buy me this..". should hear me when my wife says she needs such and such money for college books...
Eh, yeah, I understand that, but it's just this..
I was reluctant to try out for color guard, because I knew our family was in a fairly delicate financial situation. I asked them over and over again, "Are you sure you guys will be able to do this? It's going to cost hundreds of dollars..." And so I gave them fair warning.... And they said I should do it anyway. So I did. And now they won't live up to their little "Ohh, it'll be fine, do what you want, we'll make sure it can happen..."
Yeah...

Janglenut

Particinator
sugarsickness said:
10 out of 16 people on the team are going,

You're one of them not going and rightfully so. You're lucky your parents would let you join the team, let alone going to a useless camp for $400. You're one of those ungrateful kids; the sad thing being you acknowledged your families current financial situation.

Your dad made the right decision, if you were my kid giving me lip about me spending $400 on you, you wouldn't get it either.

P.S. Color Guard sucks anyways, need a camp to wave a flag?

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Janglenut said:
You're one of them not going and rightfully so. You're lucky your parents would let you join the team, let alone going to a useless camp for $400. You're one of those ungrateful kids; the sad thing being you acknowledged your families current financial situation.

Your dad made the right decision, if you were my kid giving me lip about me spending $400 on you, you wouldn't get it either.

P.S. Color Guard sucks anyways, need a camp to wave a flag?

Now now, my friend, I don't go up and criticize your interests. It's not a pointless camp, people go there and come back better than they started out.

Guard isn't just waving a flag, it's spending countless hours marching, spinning a 3.5 lb rifle, your sabre, or a 5.5-6 foot flag, spending your personal free time making sure you get it just right, performing even when you're hurting so bad you don't think you can even move... It's learning and practicing for 12 hours every day at band camp for 10 days straight in killer heat with only lunch and a gush-n-go every once in a while. It's dedication, control, and teamwork. It's making sure you don't let your team down. You have to get everything you do exactly right, you have to have excellent coordination all around, you have to compete and help push your guard to first, you have to perform your best, delivering the emotion your performance carries to the crowd and to the judges.

P.S. I'd like to see you do it.

Here's a clip from a 1st place winterguard performance I found online...
It gives you an idea of what a good performance looks like.
http://www.wgi.org/multimedia/flash...1-pride&cliptitle=Pride of Cincinnati&time=65

Den

To the Fucktard list!
That's seriously ridiculous. I've seen 12 year olds more mature than that. "omg u gimme bad look now u no go to camp"

Damn 'tudes.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
sugarsickness said:
Now now, my friend, I don't go up and criticize your interests. It's not a pointless camp, people go there and come back better than they started out.

Guard isn't just waving a flag, it's spending countless hours marching, spinning a 3.5 lb rifle, your sabre, or a 5.5-6 foot flag, spending your personal free time making sure you get it just right, performing even when you're hurting so bad you don't think you can even move... It's learning and practicing for 12 hours every day at band camp for 10 days straight in killer heat with only lunch and a gush-n-go every once in a while. It's dedication, control, and teamwork. It's making sure you don't let your team down. You have to get everything you do exactly right, you have to have excellent coordination all around, you have to compete and help push your guard to first, you have to perform your best, delivering the emotion your performance carries to the crowd and to the judges.

She's right. Its always funny to see the people who say "oh its gotta be easy" try it, and how fucking retarded they look. :D

PS-sugarsickness, are you a freshman?

Janglenut

Particinator
sugarsickness said:
It's dedication, control, and teamwork.

Sorry, but CG for high school, which I'm guessing your in, doesn't require a camp for $400. I'm not yelling about CG, i'm yelling about you being a bitch to your parents.

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
polaris_nine said:
She's right. Its always funny to see the people who say "oh its gotta be easy" try it, and how fucking retarded they look. :D

PS-sugarsickness, are you a freshman?
Damn straight I'm right, haha... Actually I'm a senior. I'm just a n00b to colorguard.

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Nemesis said:
wtf is a colour guard?
They travel with the band... or on their own... they're the people who spin flags, rifles, and sabres... You could google it... it wouldn't hurt... :p

Janglenut said:
Sorry, but CG for high school, which I'm guessing your in, doesn't require a camp for $400. I'm not yelling about CG, i'm yelling about you being a bitch to your parents.
And just how is expecting something to happen that my parents already agreed to being a bitch? Yes, I know that the camp's not required, but most of the team is going and if it helps veterans then it'll most definately help n00bs.

:thumbsdn: :mfinger: I can totaly relate to this. My dad is a right fucking ass hole. All he does is sit on hes fat ass all day. When he asks me to do summin and I say no he goes into a fit like a fucking four year old!. :mfinger:

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Xillo said:
:thumbsdn: :mfinger: I can totaly relate to this. My dad is a right fucking ass hole. All he does is sit on hes fat ass all day. When he asks me to do summin and I say no he goes into a fit like a fucking four year old!. :mfinger:
Blah, evil parents are always fun. It's a good thing my dad is gone right now and my mom's pretty nice, she fixed it up so I can actually go to the camp now, muwahahah