WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ahhh why am I so insecure

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
Maybe TMI, but :popcorn:

Lately I feel more randy than my husband. He just started a new, more taxing, job that I know is causing him a lot of stress. I also work a lot myself so the time we are fortunate enough to have together consists of catching up on adulting (I. E. Grocery shopping, tidying the house, catching up with my family back in Alabama, etc.).

But I can't help but always pick apart myself or assume I've now become unwanted by him, when in the back of my mind I know it's likely stress, lack of time together and him not picking up the hints I'm throwing down. :faint:

Any suggestions for de-stressing my partner and making him feel (cringey cliché) special?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Maybe TMI, but :popcorn:

Lately I feel more randy than my husband. He just started a new, more taxing, job that I know is causing him a lot of stress. I also work a lot myself so the time we are fortunate enough to have together consists of catching up on adulting (I. E. Grocery shopping, tidying the house, catching up with my family back in Alabama, etc.).

But I can't help but always pick apart myself or assume I've now become unwanted by him, when in the back of my mind I know it's likely stress, lack of time together and him not picking up the hints I'm throwing down. :faint:

Any suggestions for de-stressing my partner and making him feel (cringey cliché) special?
You're way overthinking. You're simply going to have to skip hints and just tell him you want to bang. If you like hints, you're going to have to spell them out to him at some point. His idea of a hint and your idea of a hint probably don't mesh.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Is there something wrong with him? I eliminate the guess-work by assuming that any woman withing 40 feet of me wants sex with me.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Communication works really well in this case. The more you can know and understand, the more comfortable you can be.

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
Is there something wrong with him? I eliminate the guess-work by assuming that any woman withing 40 feet of me wants sex with me.
No, there's nothing wrong with him. He's just had a lot on his shoulders lately and I've selfishly assumed he should be in the mood whenever I am just because he's a man. He's a health and safety advisor of this company, overlooking quite a few different stores and a large factory, with the wellbeing of the employees to worry about. It also doesn't help that when I'm not at my nightshift job I'm hibernating like a bear.

This thread made me realize I should probably just sit down with my husband and talk about it rather than hoping someone that doesn't know us personally could help resolve it. We talked and everything is fine. Like BrIONwoshMunky said, my hints were also not as clear as I thought. :happysad:

Moral of the story: Apparently all men are not sex monkeys and some need to be stress-free and feel loved and appreciated. ❤

Crazizniac

Particinator
Yes. Talk will solve this problem. I suggest doggy - style talk with plenty of hair pulling.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
Classic multitask mistake. Try fondling his balls while you guys discuss bills. Make it business as first... and then things will fall into place.

Try having him fondle you while you make breakfast for the kids and they all scream "Ewwwww!!!" I mean... desire is usually reciprocal.

Kinda late to the birds and bees lesson but I feel like typing. :poop:

This ended up being all about sex, but I feel like there was more than that behind the post. That's why I'm glad you talked it through with him. :thumbsup:

Different men have different sex drives, and there are a lot of factors that attribute to that. Whether it was a joke or not, I do think diet plays a factor. So does current life stresses and aging. Testosterone is certainly not consistent throughout a mans lifetime.

Sometimes I need a girl to tease for me, and other times I could beat off to a pet rock in a dress. :whip:

I feel like I'm taking this too seriously though. Glad you got worked it out :shiner:

Out2Lunch

☃️☠️❄️
Glad you were able to de-stress your partner. What have you done to help heal your insecurities? If nothing then it’s only a matter of time until they pop-up again causing more stress within your relationship.

I think your husband appreciates you but do you appreciate yourself?