WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat aids mistake.. OUCH

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Man told by mistake he had AIDS

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A jury awarded nearly $1.4 million to a man who was incorrectly told by a clinic that he was infected with the AIDS virus.

Northcutt sued the department for negligence and emotional distress, saying he became depressed and hopeless. He said he twice tried to commit suicide and drank to excess.

During the four-year period that Northcutt thought he had the AIDS virus, he had unprotected sex. He tested positive for HIV two months after discovering the clinic's error.

Sucks to be that guy..

Descent

Hella Constipated
Wow...that really sucks ass. Poor guy.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
As I read that I can't seem to understand how it felt "strange" that his blood cavities just bursted.. CAN'T YOU FEEL THAT MAN?!

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
p99 said:
As I read that I can't seem to understand how it felt "strange" that his blood cavities just bursted.. CAN'T YOU FEEL THAT MAN?!
ahh wrong thread my bad, meant to go into the other article I posted..

yeah and you cant delete it either

this just in- this is deus_ex_machina's 900th post

BhuT LuV

Smacker of Hoes
If that type of shit fucking happened to me, I would jizz in that doctors mouth.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Fuck that... what an idiot... and what an idiot jury... the guy should get nothing..

Should I at anytime get diagnosed with some sort of terminal disease or complicated medical condition... you bet your ass I am gonna get a second opinion... maybe a third... medical science isn't 100%... what an idiot... then... Knowing.... well thinking he had this highly comunicable, life threatening... disease and going out and having unprotected sex... that sounds like attempted murder to me...

this all coulda been provented if he would have gone in for a second opinion...

how the fuck does the 1.4 million improve his emotional stress level... if they were negligent in their diagnosis.. they shoulda awarded him healthcare... make the negligent company pay for his healthcare... but then again.. fuck him... second opinion... its jury awards like this that drive up the cost of healthcare for all of us...

thats like someone giving you a gun telling you its real and you go around robing people with it.. then one day you pull it out on someone and they cap your ass.. your fault...

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
screw that dude I would just murder him and take all his money that he made and go to the government I bet they haven't released top secret methods of healing..

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
i dont really care that he was awarded millions, whatever, that is why we have medical insurance.

this is what i find really fucked up:

HE HAD UNPROTECTED SEX DURING THE TIME THAT HE THOUGHT HE HAD THE AIDS VIRUS.

What a fucking asshole.

magnolia

Postaholic
dustinzgirl said:
i dont really care that he was awarded millions, whatever, that is why we have medical insurance.

this is what i find really fucked up:

HE HAD UNPROTECTED SEX DURING THE TIME THAT HE THOUGHT HE HAD THE AIDS VIRUS.

What a fucking asshole.
Exactly! Where the fuck does he get off doing that. In a way, he kindof get's what he deserves if he's willing to infect innocent girls. Fuck him man. I'd give him a boot to the ass if i had known him.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
DGirl said:
if you get in a car accident your premium goes up... just like with medical malpractice insurance... trial lawyers hit them up for frivelous malpractice suits or for rediculously high judgements/amounts and the insurance companies raise their premium/rates... so then it costs the doctor or hospital more to carry the insurance... so to make up for it the hospital/doctor charges you more for their services...