WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

AIM Conspiracy?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Ahh...America Online. How we loathe thee.

Now I need your input.

Ever since AIM 5.5 came out, did you notice how the "UR GETTING AN IM LOL" sound is disabled by default?

And have you noticed since then AIM is the world's most USELESS FUCKING TOOL BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER REACH ANYONE?!

ARRRGHHHHH! NOBODY KNOWS WHEN THEY ARE BEING TALKED TO!

Email works better than this shit now, swear to God. I use AIM for "line dropping," so if I'm not in front of my computer I hear when someone is talking to me.

None of my friends do, they are too lazy to set it up like that.

Jung

???
Premium
I have no problem reaching people. Maybe they just blocked you?

junglizm said:
hahahaha now thats funny. hmmmm........................... /me wonders if thats why i can't reach anyone. :confuse:

Janglenut

Particinator
Descent said:
And have you noticed since then AIM is the world's most USELESS FUCKING TOOL BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER REACH ANYONE?!

They just don't want to talk to you Descent.

Aim works fine.

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
They'd be offline then, dumbass ;).

No, in all honesty, I mean, when I need to reach someone I talk to every day, I get a response along the lines of "I was playing XBox, sorry man."

Then you have the issue of my town being full of rich spoiled cunts with arrogance to match an atomic bomb, with huge-ass houses constructed for these cunts. Not that my friends are cunts, they live in rich cunt houses.

And it's predominantly Italian and Jewish.

Ever tried reaching a ginny by calling three times? Scary shit.

I mean, I have some full-blood Italians in my family and certain aspects are creepy.

But they are intimidating as fuck. Even for a self confident guy like myself, I don't have the experience. "Tell him not to fuckin' call here again." Well, pick up the fuckin phone jackass, it won't be an annoyance issue.

The issue is, in my position, which is hard to understand, I know, it's either AIM or nothing.

Feel free to inquire Jason about lovely Dix Hills, New York. He's knows all about it :happysad:.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I am only on AIM when I am physically sitting at my computer... so this is no issue for me...

necro

Postaholic
I never use aim, it has no purpose for me, because I use AOL. I have AIM, and it works fine, it just takes up resources that don't need taken up. The only time I ever use aim is when I'm engaging in conversation on aol and want to switch screen names without breaking the conversation. But my aim works fine Descent, I don't know, maybe it just hates you and nymph? :p

jamesp

In Memory...
Nymphchick said:
hahahaha now thats funny. hmmmm........................... /me wonders if thats why i can't reach anyone. :confuse:
I use GAIM, the linux alternative to crap. And Nymph, I got my IM working again, now we can cyber some more!

Descent

Hella Constipated
jamesp said:
I use GAIM, the linux alternative to crap. And Nymph, I got my IM working again, now we can cyber some more!

Uh...

jamesp

In Memory...
Nah, its actually not to bad in v 1.4.0

Im on it right now, and it does everything I could ask of it and a little more.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
jamesp said:
Can I watch y'all type those elegant words of internet relations?

jamesp

In Memory...
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Can I watch y'all type those elegant words of internet relations?
Tell you what, if you video yourself masturbating to our chat transcripts, then mail the video to Jason every other week, I'll do it.

Jung

???
Premium
jamesp said:
Nah, its actually not to bad in v 1.4.0

Im on it right now, and it does everything I could ask of it and a little more.
Eh, I tried it... GTK+ in Windows sucks. I've yet to find anything I like as much as Miranda.

jamesp

In Memory...
Yeah, I've heard some pretty good things about Miranda, but seriously, try out the newest GAIM here.

I believe its up to 1.5.0 now.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
jamesp said:
Tell you what, if you video yourself masturbating to our chat transcripts, then mail the video to Jason every other week, I'll do it.
What if I am already doing that? :happysad:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Descent said:
Ahh...America Online. How we loathe thee.

1. Now I need your input.

2. Ever since AIM 5.5 came out, did you notice how the "UR GETTING AN IM LOL" sound is disabled by default?

3. And have you noticed since then AIM is the world's most USELESS FUCKING TOOL BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER REACH ANYONE?!

4. ARRRGHHHHH! NOBODY KNOWS WHEN THEY ARE BEING TALKED TO!

5. Email works better than this shit now, swear to God. I use AIM for "line dropping," so if I'm not in front of my computer I hear when someone is talking to me.

6. None of my friends do, they are too lazy to set it up like that.
1. Bend over.

2. Good.

3. They're ignoring you.

4. Yes they do. They'r ignoring you.

5. HAHA I"M USING THE INTERNET!

6. Cause that's how they roll.