WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

AIM IM problem

Alright so i just resently I switched from AOL to MSN. On MSN I noticed that you have to have all this other bullshit instead of just being able to IM someone. Well, i have gotten all the stuff i need and the IM thing has been working, but instead of people having AWAY MESSAGES like normal there name just comes up gray, but still online. Does that mean that the person has blocked me, or does it mean that they went "idle" whatever the hell that means, or does it mean that they just don't have an away message?

Jung

???
Premium
Yes, greyed out names means the person is idle.

so if i sent someone a message such as "check you fucking mail" then that wouldn't even show up on there computer, as to when the person is away, cuz it does when they are just away.

another question, Im trying to send this girl an e-mail but everytime i send it i get this little junk e-mail message saying that it could not be set or that the attempt failed, i know that i sent it to the right name though. what do you say about what i can do for that one? is it even possible that she blocked me from sending her messages, or would the computer thing just tell me that she blocked me right away.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
I'm not sure about the second part, but for the first question:
Even if they are away, they still receive all messages.
They receive messages exactly the same no matter what status they are on.
The status on MSN is like an FYI, it doesn't affect anything in the chat interface.

awesome, cuz i told this dude to i was going to beat his ass if I ever see him in my town again as a fair warning, so he got the message.

i think i may have figured out the second part of that message, i just sent the message to an aol account instead of msn. Normally though, cuz this girl has msn it should just be sent there so ill see what happens.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Lol, Good shit.
Yeah the mail should have gone through, MSN's kind of weird when you try to switch from AIM, but I've done that before and the mail gets sent.
This guy sounds like a moron, post another when he comes around to get his ass beat. :thumbsup: