WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Aim is fucking gay

Anubis485

Banned - What an Asshat!
every time some one signs on aim theres a lil message that pops up on the bottom of the screen and sometimes a hole shit load of ppl sign on at once and it gets in the way of the shit im doing. cuz they pile up. every one i talked to hates it think they should just make a new one with out the gay shit or there should atleast be some way to fucking disable it!

Then disable it, fucktard.

Anubis485 said:
every time some one signs on aim theres a lil message that pops up on the bottom of the screen and sometimes a hole shit load of ppl sign on at once and it gets in the way of the shit im doing. cuz they pile up. every one i talked to hates it think they should just make a new one with out the gay shit or there should atleast be some way to fucking disable it!

Anubis485 said:

That's usually on with dead aim, guess they added into aim. Go to preferences and look for notifications and you should be able to turn it off.

yeah it's really easy to turn off.

better yet, use trillian.

It's ugly, and I don't have a need for all the extra shit added into it. It's got liek msn/icq/yahoo/aim doesnt it?

Tazer_uk

Flame Bait
you can make it look like anything you want....i only use it for MSN - the other stuff doesnt get in the way. It uses less system resources too.

sigh

trillian is a program which, as alluded to above, can chat through AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo - I use them all, so instead of running four programs, I run trillian, which takes up less resources than any single one of them.

It's skinnable so it's NOT ugly, and trillian pro, which you have to "pay" for, can have plugins to tell you your local weather, check your pop3 mail, run stock quotes, news headlines, etc.

It also can automate lots of common AIM functions and provides the ability to create custom keyboard shortcuts. Using the standard AIM makes me cringe after my experience with trillian.

If you only use one of them, i.e., AIM, then you don't really need it, especially if you're not interested in doing anything advanced. But if you even use two of them it makes it worth it.

I only use AIM because that's what other people use. If I had to put up with the shitty AOL-supplied interface I would vomit every time I chatted with someone.

Anubis485

Banned - What an Asshat!
yea i had trillian but the only prob is u cant link/unlink sns

Banninator

Life is MY bitch
see? This thread was useless when all you had to do was go into preferences and turn it off.

-Scooter-

Maximus Complainus
:sword: As far as I am fucking concerned, I say fuck ICQ aka The lag rock from hell, and along with Yahoo because it is just a fucking MSN wannabe. Other than that Trillian is okies. And the only reason I would get that Memory leech is for the MIRC ability.

Oh btw I am new lol Hi :mfinger:

welcome. i only use the yahoo part to tell me when i have yahoo mail. and i rarely use icq anymore, but sometimes. it's still nice to have, sitting unobtrusively in my trillian contact list.

Almost all the problems with Trillian can be summed up in one phrase.

Trillan would rock if AIM didn't suck.

It's nearly impossible to use the connections that AIM does because their programming has more holes then most racism arguments on this board.

Banninator

Life is MY bitch
AIM doesnt suck, ppl just say that because they dont know how to use it. And welcome Mr. Scooter. :mfinger: