WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

AIM lingo prevention

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
When people register for wtf!, they are sent an email. Can you put the first line stating that this site does not appreciate aim lingo?Im sure most people dont even bother reading all the rules before posting. Otherwise when they activate the account, you can tell them that the first post should be in the welcome wagon and that AIM lingo is frowned upon.

/me ducks incase someone hurls insults for starting thread.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
It already says so in the RULES of ths site. If they don't read those rules, what makes you think they'll read the "welcome" e-mail?

If someone talks in AIM lingo, tell them to shut the hell up and make fun of their ridiculous posts.

Seriously, who the fuck cares?

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
Either what lamp said or use shock collars.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
alternatively, utilising elongated vocabulary recognition software..

i.e, no words under 4 letters can be posted.. for example this sentence but not the first.
now that would be fun..

void said:

i.e, no words under 4 letters can be posted.. for example this sentence but not the first.
now that would be fun..
big words!? :confused:

That would make an interesting site, I can tell ya that much.

void said:

now that would be fun..
Err...no articles..almost no pronouns...the usage of no and yes are excluded...Sounds very interesting XD. Oh wait...no faces either =/

wilko125

Rep My Post
A.I.Tokito said:
Err...no articles..almost no pronouns...the usage of no and yes are excluded...Sounds very interesting XD. Oh wait...no faces either =/
Noes nubes are smart at being dumb, instead of AIM lingo you will get hybrid words (words that are 4 letters or less stuck together)

eggsample - poached

example, these words would be banned im am teh nub

but a nube being smart at being dumb will type these like this im.am tehnub

which im.sure would annoy everybody inthis place more than AIMlingo!

wilko125 said:
Noes nubes are smart at being dumb, instead of AIM lingo you will get hybrid words (words that are 4 letters or less stuck together)

eggsample - poached

example, these words would be banned im am teh nub

but a nube being smart at being dumb will type these like this im.am tehnub

which im.sure would annoy everybody inthis place more than AIMlingo!
Not necessarily. I think some people would jump at the idea of having a mental punching bag. XD

By the way, I thought the spelling of nube was either newb, or the derogatory noob. =/

Another pleasant article from someone who doesn't enjoy Aimlingo =D, http://senseis.xmp.net/?path=BadHabits&page=CommunicatingWithIdioticAbbreviations

Edit: I get the eggsample, but what's with the poached? :confused:

wilko125

Rep My Post
as in poached eggs...
most of the places i trolled before i came here used nube, and then it became nub or nublet.