WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Air France Plane Crashes at Toronto's Pearson International Airport

1,723
92
112
#1
Just saw this on the news, looks like a plane overshot the runway and killed the about 200 people who were onboard. Damn, too close to home for me.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#2
canadian_pov said:
Just saw this on the news, looks like a plane overshot the runway and killed the about 200 people who were onboard. Damn, too close to home for me.



"I'M GOING DOWN TELL MY WIFE I-..."

If I can land an F-22 in a simulator, this motherfucker should have been able to land a commuter jet considering he does it every day.
 

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
5,438
95
142
#3
Descent said:
[
"I'M GOING DOWN TELL MY WIFE I-..."

If I can land an F-22 in a simulator, this motherfucker should have been able to land a commuter jet considering he does it every day.
Either you got too much time or not enough whippings... :D
 
1,723
92
112
#5
Descent said:


"I'M GOING DOWN TELL MY WIFE I-..."

If I can land an F-22 in a simulator, this motherfucker should have been able to land a commuter jet considering he does it every day.
Well, I hear that they lost power after being hit by lightning. So the fact that they landed without completely destroying the plane is an achievment.
gurlgonewild said:
i heard there were some survivors???
Yeah, they are now saying they found some bewildered people along the 401, (which is Canada's busiest highway).
 

star99ers

One of a kind
89
0
66
#6
Descent said:


"I'M GOING DOWN TELL MY WIFE I-..."

If I can land an F-22 in a simulator, this motherfucker should have been able to land a commuter jet considering he does it every day.
Holy shit man I wich I could still play that game on my Computer, but it doesn't work with XP. same with Comanche. I know what you mean it was hard to land those planes.

On the topic at hand, It will probably make people way more insecure about flights if they end up crashing like this. Very sad indeed.
 
405
3
78
#7
Descent said:


"I'M GOING DOWN TELL MY WIFE I-..."

If I can land an F-22 in a simulator, this motherfucker should have been able to land a commuter jet considering he does it every day.
First thing, landing anything in a simulator is much easier than actually doing it in real life, unless you have some past experience with actual stick time you really can't make that judgement.
Second thing, it wasn't like it was an easy landing, if you're lacking instruments it's easy to miss the landing strip.
 
1,723
92
112
#8
New numbers: No dead, 14 minor injuries.
That is amazing, that no one died is absolutely incredible, and a testament to the ability of airport staff to respond to such an event.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#9
star99ers said:
Holy shit man I wich I could still play that game on my Computer, but it doesn't work with XP. same with Comanche. I know what you mean it was hard to land those planes.

On the topic at hand, It will probably make people way more insecure about flights if they end up crashing like this. Very sad indeed.
HELLS YEAH! I own a 486 just for old games like that :thumbsup:.

I was actually getting in two hours of Comanche today. I beat Operation Overlord yesterday.

"VIPER 37 GOING DOWN! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!"

"WE DID IT! LETS HEAD HOME!"
 
R

RedOctober

Guest
#10
canadian_pov said:
New numbers: No dead, 14 minor injuries.
That is amazing, that no one died is absolutely incredible, and a testament to the ability of airport staff to respond to such an event.
And the capability of the French staff on the plane. :rolleyes:

:cheerldr:
 
1,723
92
112
#11
Amusingly enough, there were some close calls on the highway because of all the people stopping along the side to get a look at the wreckage.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#12
canadian_pov said:
Amusingly enough, there were some close calls on the highway because of all the people stopping along the side to get a look at the wreckage.
Wow, that would never happen in America. The Police would barracade it in a second, regardless if 9/11 happened or not.
 

har-har-har

I am laughter.
70
0
0
#13
WILD said:
First thing, landing anything in a simulator is much easier than actually doing it in real life, unless you have some past experience with actual stick time you really can't make that judgement.
Second thing, it wasn't like it was an easy landing, if you're lacking instruments it's easy to miss the landing strip.
Another reason the plane overshot the runway is probably because of the weather. It was raining so bad, that you couldn't see, it was a wall of water...

And I have a game called X-Plane, good realistic simulator with horrible graphics.
 
21
0
0
#14
Of course nobody die it was landing so there was less fuel and it didn't explode.
 

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
2,902
97
112
#15
Any time an aircraft ends up in the mud it's considered a crash, i saw an aircraft that "crashed", it took 6 manhours to fix it. It flew the next day. What I'm saying is if it touched down on the strip, and skidded into the mud (airfield talk for unpaved surface) it would be cosidered a crash, wether or not there was damage, destroction, or caos. I haven't heard mutch on this thing yet, but im glad no one got killed.
 
1,723
92
112
#16
other said:
Of course nobody die it was landing so there was less fuel and it didn't explode.
Have you seen the pictures of the plane after the fire died down? There isn't much left. Also, planes go fast. This may be a surprise to you, but crashing into things at high speed can be slightly hazardous to one's health.

EDIT:
leehype said:
Any time an aircraft ends up in the mud it's considered a crash, i saw an aircraft that "crashed", it took 6 manhours to fix it. It flew the next day. What I'm saying is if it touched down on the strip, and skidded into the mud (airfield talk for unpaved surface) it would be cosidered a crash, wether or not there was damage, destroction, or caos. I haven't heard mutch on this thing yet, but im glad no one got killed.
Well, this one went off a cliff, at high speed, while on fire. So it's a bit more than just "ending up in the mud".
 

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
2,902
97
112
#17
canadian_pov said:
Have you seen the pictures of the plane after the fire died down? There isn't much left. Also, planes go fast. This may be a surprise to you, but crashing into things at high speed can be slightly hazardous to one's health.

EDIT:

Well, this one went off a cliff, at high speed, while on fire. So it's a bit more than just "ending up in the mud".
:( I still haven't heard nothing about it yet, damn. I'll try to look for some info on it online. Thanks for the correction.
 

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
2,902
97
112
#19
other said:
it was on fire u kno
The aircraft i halfass refered to in my first post was on fire, aircraft rims are made of magnesium, and the plane i was talking about had hot brakes so bad it cauge the wheels on fire, and it skidded into the mud. Like i said i still havn't herd nothing about this crash yet, but thanks for making it clear
 
21
0
0
#20
canadian_pov said:
Have you seen the pictures of the plane after the fire died down? There isn't much left. Also, planes go fast. This may be a surprise to you, but crashing into things at high speed can be slightly hazardous to one's health.

Of course it will be hazrdous I was expecting people to be dead,lucky no one was dead that one reason no one died.