WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

alrighty then...

so... it's almost 11 o'clock, i'm almost tired, and i have to get up at 5 for work tomorrow.

life's fucking great :rolleyes:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
It's 6:13 AM now, and I'm about to leave to go into manhatan now to go to a building that one of our customers is building on lexington ave. I have to do a site survey to determin the best way to kit the premise equipment for the cabling guys to do the installations. Fucked up we already shipped them like 2 million feet of Cat5 4x4, which is 4 cat-5 cables in one common semi-armored outer insulation; and like 750,000 feet of fiber-optic riser.

The strange thing is, we would normally do a site survey early on in the construction. Theres no accounting for preparedness.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
MaxPower said:
It's 6:13 AM now, and I'm about to leave to go into manhatan now to go to a building that one of our customers is building on lexington ave. I have to do a site survey to determin the best way to kit the premise equipment for the cabling guys to do the installations. Fucked up we already shipped them like 2 million feet of Cat5 4x4, which is 4 cat-5 cables in one common semi-armored outer insulation; and like 750,000 feet of fiber-optic riser.

The strange thing is, we would normally do a site survey early on in the construction. Theres no accounting for preparedness.
What the fuck did you just say

Don't use big words My mind can't take it

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
HOLY SHIT 2 million feet of CAT5 4x4...thats like 8 million feet if it were just CAT5...GOD DAMN!!!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Hypertron said:
HOLY SHIT 2 million feet of CAT5 4x4...thats like 8 million feet if it were just CAT5...GOD DAMN!!!
Cabling is not my end of the business, so I was even suprised at all the cabling that goes into such a large bldg. I'm back now BTW. They have all the walls up and a lot of the 4x4 is routed. I was checking all the wiring closets as they call them, they're actually full size telecom rooms. 2 per floor (on all but 5 floors) on a 50 floor structure. We are supplying them with all the networking and telecom racks, patch-panels, jacks wall plates, copper/fiber-optic cable, including patchcords. By far the largest venture i've personally been involved in. over 100,000 patch cords total copper and fiber.
I wish we could have provided all their cisco routers and switches, but they have all their own CCIE's so they're a cisco Gold partner, which means that they can buy direct from cisco at a huge discount. Each of the 10 networking racks in each telecom room has a cisco catalyst 6500 series switches, with all their card slots packed. Fuck, with that config, it's like a $35,000 switch. assuming they all have the same config that's like what? almost $35 million, just in ethernet switching alone. Holy Crap! wish one of those would fall off a truck.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
MaxPower said:
Cabling is not my end of the business, so I was even suprised at all the cabling that goes into such a large bldg. I'm back now BTW. They have all the walls up and a lot of the 4x4 is routed. I was checking all the wiring closets as they call them, they're actually full size telecom rooms. 2 per floor (on all but 5 floors) on a 50 floor structure. We are supplying them with all the networking and telecom racks, patch-panels, jacks wall plates, copper/fiber-optic cable, including patchcords. By far the largest venture i've personally been involved in. over 100,000 patch cords total copper and fiber.
I wish we could have provided all their cisco routers and switches, but they have all their own CCIE's so they're a cisco Gold partner, which means that they can buy direct from cisco at a huge discount. Each of the 10 networking racks in each telecom room has a cisco catalyst 6500 series switches, with all their card slots packed. Fuck, with that config, it's like a $35,000 switch. assuming they all have the same config that's like what? almost $35 million, just in ethernet switching alone. Holy Crap! wish one of those would fall off a truck.
**drools**
cisco catalysy 6500 switch...nice, last time i got to play with one of those was when i went to help my bro-in-law at the car dealership where he is a sys admin. fun crap, they have so many in their server/internet room that they had to buy a separate AC unit to keep the room at a average temp of 80 degrees F. and yeah if i had to run 2 million feet of CAT5 i would shoot myself, i just wired my house cuz my wireless was shitty and i ran about 1000 feet of the crap and it took all damn day, its nice, my bro-in-law hooked me up with some cisco routers.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
Unforgiven said:
so... it's almost 11 o'clock, i'm almost tired, and i have to get up at 5 for work tomorrow.

I usually go to bed at 3am and wake up at 5am for 8 hours of work..2 hours of work aint nice
but screw that I jus quit!! yay..lol, seriously I did and now I got a job at a Toyota dealership and starting this friday hopefully
I'll have no day life cause it's 1pm to 9pm for the hours, like 6 days a week, but i'll get to sleep in everyday, yesss....and they're paying me alot more to do an easier job other than what I jus quit

all so I can make a shit load of money and move back to Louisiana or Texas next summer to live near relatives and stuff again
a southerner living in ohio really sux cause i talk different than everyone and they won't shut up on correcting me...and all this cold weather and snow is pissing me off so I'm going back to where I belong soon
-soon to be, ex-ohioan and i really don't care what ne1 says cause everyone has tried to change my mind but it's my life and i'm doin what I want to do.....besides I jus visited my hometown and stuff, i'm not depressed down there....and yet I have all these problems up here

tharuz

Bringer of Order
Unforgiven said:

you think ayone here gives a fuck?

I sure dont, hey, let`s vote on it

Do I care? ...not really

Do I understand? Yeah, that sucks.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tharuz said:
you think ayone here gives a fuck?

I sure dont, hey, let`s vote on it

Well let's see. People have been responding with perfectly normal conversation, so I'd have to say they do give a shit.
And why do you continually make an ass out of yourself. You think you're a bad ass starting with people outside of Bait & Tackle, when you know they won't retalliate?
Why don't you step into B&T and I'll tear you a new asshole to match you mouth! :mfinger: Oh ya, then you can mow my lawn.

cuando encara!

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
Unforgiven said:

yea i usually get the old its 2 am now....i work at 7 am......aw shit