WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Amazing...

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
This is a serious story.

Last night I was at home and my mom received a call from my sister that she had been an accident. Without thinking, she decided to leave and I went with her and my dad. When we arrived at the scene we saw the truck that had been in the accident. It was damaged on the top, slightly crushed in on all sides, and the glass was busted out in every window. A teacher at the local high school had taken some of the kids from a Bible study to go to his lake and go fishing for the day. He had 4 kids in the car, including my sister who was sitting the back in the middle...without a seatbelt. He's a really good driver and was obeying the speed limit in the right lane. They were driving along I-35 to San Antonio and an 18-wheeler was cut off, hit the left median, swerved over 2 lanes and hit the back of their Toyata Tacoma, turning them sideways in FRONT of the big rig. From there, it flipped upside down, skidded for about 100 yards, and with the inertia it had continued to flip twice more off the road into the grass median on the right between the access road and the highway. Had I heard this story, I wouldn't have thought that all 5 of them would leave with minor cuts and bruises. Simply amazing. The big rig was hauling paint thinner as well, and could have easily gone up upon collision. I don't know how many of you are religious, and I'm not trying to preach, but with all the factors against survival in this wreck...I don't even want to think about how my sister survived; jeez...it truely is a miracle that she survived with a minor concussion.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Ditto

she should diffently count her lucky stars

Easty

Click click boom
holy shit dude, thank god.

I'm glad everyone got out of there ok.

The one time, I don't watch the local news. :(

I couldn've been all cool too, and said "Man! I heard about that! Wow! I forgot! I'm in S.A.!"

:(

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
NICE!! (I mean, nice that she survived)

Although I don't think it's a miracle. I don't believe in miracles, she was just extremely lucky :thumbsup:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
RageAgainst said:

Although I don't think it's a miracle. I don't believe in miracles, she was just extremely lucky :thumbsup:
Different opinions, different perceptions...

I'm not sure if it was on the local news Havok; it might have been because the 18-wheeler went over the access road into the ditch and they still had a tow truck out there at 2:30 AM when my sister was checked out of the hospital after they reviewed her catscans. Sadly enough, they usually only put it on the news if someone dies; kinda pathetic really...

LiberatioN said:
Different opinions, different perceptions...

I'm not sure if it was on the local news Havok; it might have been because the 18-wheeler went over the access road into the ditch and they still had a tow truck out there at 2:30 AM when my sister was checked out of the hospital after they reviewed her catscans.

Regardless, I'm glad she's alright.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Glad she was ok.

So we have alcohol and God that can save you from serious harm in a car crash. Use protection, the choice is yours.

Easty

Click click boom
RageAgainst said:

woot, im irish. and im lucky. fuck yeah!

shaekatherine

I'm a lover not a flamer.
There was an accident like that on Friday where I live. The kid was really religious and stuff but he died. His name was Riley. The whole highschool got out at noon because he was such a great guy and was friends with everybody. He was a cross country champion and he lived out by me. My sister knew him really good.

Its great that your sister didn't die that would've sucked.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm glad that your sister is fine :thumbsup:

A truly harrowing experience.

People=Shit

Infected by Marburg
Yea, that's nuts. Good to hear they are all fine, but that IS something a lot of people wouldn't believe.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Glad to hear your sis is okay.

LiberatioN said:
Sadly enough, they usually only put it on the news if someone dies; kinda pathetic really...
"Good news is no news" in the media today. They don't wanna report anything unless tragedy strikes. They think their ratings will suffer or something if they toss in some good news every now and then. :rolleyes:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I think it's kind of a miraculous story...if it were someone else I'd want to hear it...I guess the "audience" alot of local newscasts are reporting to are bunches of morbid bastards that want to hear about someone being stabbed on the West Side every day(?)

:(