WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour 2005

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.amd.com/techtour
Take the checkered flag and learn about exciting new innovations at the AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour 2005—accelerating towards a city near you.

Attend the AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour 2005 and take advantage of these exciting offers:

Desktop and Server Bundles

Get up to speed on 64-bit and dual-core technology—two of the hottest computing trends this year.

The AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour 2005 will soon arrive in your area! Learn first-hand about exciting and innovative offerings from AMD and its partners. This year, AMD is proud to work with Microsoft as the co-sponsor of the AMD Tech Tour. Explore the potential of dual-core processors powered by AMD64 technology and learn about the tremendous benefits for your business.

What will you learn at Tech Tour?

This event will feature interactive demonstrations, information, giveaways, prize drawings, and even a complimentary buffet dinner. Get fast-lane access to benchmarks, product roadmaps, and technical information. You'll also have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with AMD and Microsoft representatives.

It's not too late to register! Sign up now and take advantage of this unique opportunity to meet directly with AMD, our partners, and your peers.

Attend the AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour 2005 and you are eligible to purchase one of each of the bundles highlighted below.

AMD and Microsoft are bringing you 64-bit computing at substantial savings! Use your bundle to build a demo system for trade shows, training, and customer evaluations. Act now by registering for Tech Tour and reserving your bundle. This offer is only available through the registration site, and you must attend the AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour 2005 to purchase.

Desktop Bundle - Price = $250
Athlon

* — AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ 939 pin processor
* — Asus A8N-E Socket 939 motherboard
* — Microsoft® Windows® XP x64 Edition

Server Bundle - Price = $500
Athlon

* — 2 - AMD Opteron™ 246 CPUs
* — Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) motherboard
* — Microsoft Server 2003 x64 Edition
If anyone lives close to one of the convention areas, you can get some awesome deals on a new computer.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Dates and locations of the tour.
  • June 2 Chicago, Illinois
  • June 6 Toronto, Canada
  • June 14 Tampa, Florida
  • June 16 Atlanta, Georgia
  • June 21 Dallas, Texas
  • June 23 Houston, Texas
  • June 27 Irvine, California
  • June 29 Burbank, California
  • July 1 Sunnyvale, California
  • July 12 Seattle, Washington
  • July 14 Vancouver, Canada
  • July 19 Boston, Massachusetts
  • July 21 East Brunswick, New Jersey

You must register to attend the tour.

Jung

???
Premium
bnccoder said:
You must register to attend the tour.
I think I might try to make it to one of the Texas conventions. I'm not so interested in the hardware packages, I'd just like to sit in on some of the speeches and get the free schwag. I haven't been to a trade show or tech conference in quite some time now, I think it'd be a cool experience.

Bah on the A64 bundle, but that Opteron deal looks nice. Too bad ECC ram is so damn expensive. :(

bnccoder

Postaholic
I wish I could go, but chances that I will accually get to are slim.

Descent

Hella Constipated
BNCCoder said:
July 21 East Brunswick, New Jersey
W0rd. Long Island, baby! I'll think about it, but my 3200+ XP is working fine.

dzaykim

Toss my salad
Fuck!! I missed chicago.
My brother needed a new computer for college.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
I'll think about it, but my 3200+ XP is working fine.
You'd be silly to pass up that $250 bundle though. Provided that you had the money for it. I dont' care because I'm not ready for my 939 upgrade yet; I'm trying to wait on dual core and the Nvidia 7 series.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Junglizm said:
You'd be silly to pass up that $250 bundle though. Provided that you had the money for it. I dont' care because I'm not ready for my 939 upgrade yet; I'm trying to wait on dual core and the Nvidia 7 series.
Don't rub it in. I have to buy Battlefield 2, a Sega CD, and a bunch of A/V cables for game systems and my VCR/DVD/Tuner so my bedroom home theater setup will work. The fact of the matter is, BF2 will sell through, the Sega CD is a one time killer deal (Console and 3 games, $60, complete with the uber-rare spacer I need), and it's no fun playing games and movies through Chinese TV speakers. I hate TV speakers - they are the baseline for crap.

Did I mention I have to buy a new laptop, because Neomagic video chips suck balls?