WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

American Dad

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I just dl'ed the first episode (i guess)...its by the creator/voice actor of the Family Guy series. Its about a guy that works for the CIA and his family. Alot of the jokes are aimed at current politicians and shit...its good but I wouldnt say its on par with Family Guy, the humor is quite similar and thats not a bad thing.

P.S......This pennywise cd is fucking fantastic!

gumercules

Ultra Mega
i saw most of it on tv... same idea as family guy but not as well executed. i don't predict a long run for it.

ferengi

Yay fire!
gumercules said:
i saw most of it on tv... same idea as family guy but not as well executed. i don't predict a long run for it.
My thoughts exactly.

gumercules said:
I have to agree as well. I was kind of dissapointed as well. Oh well, I can't wait to see the new family guy episodes in may.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Wasn't THAT bad.

But wasn't that good either. It's like...

Getting fucked in the ass by Descent then realising it was only a dream. It was horrible beyond human perception, but it never existed.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
In my opinion... its much like Halo 2.

By itself, Halo 2 was a pretty cool game, but (subconsiously or not) it was compared to the original, and couldnt stand up. I think the same applies to American Dad.

The Dad is the greatest character in my opinoin, the mom the worst. The alien has potential, but i dont think he's executed well. The two kids are freakin annoying, and not as lovable as Peter Griffin's kids. The parallels between the two shows are remarkably similar, and Family Guy did it right the first time. ALL HAIL MAY 1ST!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
well i just watched it.. i dunno it wasnt that bad.. i think it could be good if they get some good writers in there and do something with it but i dunno it could be a flop like that king of the pride cartoon or whatever it was..

gumercules

Ultra Mega
supposedly the new episodes of "american dad" are coming out may 1st as well... that should be confusing. the two shows will sit next to each other and fight, and the one left standing (family guy) will show for more than 3 weeks

Jung

???
Premium
This was my first time hearing about it, although I did see a commercial about it on Adult Swim. I haven't really been watching a lot of TV lately. I guess I should give ti a chance though.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
i thought it was pretty funny, a bit on the short side though, something like 7 minutes

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I just watched American Dad following Family Guy. If you think about it (I don't know if it's already been stated) each character models a character on Family Guy. The Dad is Peter, the mom is Lois, the alien is Brian, the Older sister is Chris, and the younger brother is Meg. The only thing they're missing is Stewie, and he's probably the coolest character on that show. I know this was intentional, but it's kind of lame; it's like watching Family Guy 2 or something. I liked the Halo 2 analogy, but I think it also takes some humor from the original appeal of Family Guy to see that they're just trying to pull in more money with a sub-series that almost identically mirrors the show.

I think the only reason it's LESS funny than Family Guy is because there is a less broad field of stuff they can attack; it's mainly themed after American issues only (mostly sarcastic or comical political parodies).

I think it was a bad idea in the first place, but I had a couple laughs here and there. On a side note, the new Family Guy kicked ASS! I kinda stop watching it for awhile but man, I'm gonna be sure to watch all the new episodes. GGz Fox.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i thought it was bad. let this ascii histograph model my opinions

ROFL = 1 laugh

FG - ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
AD - ROFL

the one joke i did laugh at on american dad was when the guys were talking and the one guy says (after saying he used to be gay). "yeh vaginas are great!... i wish i had one!"

Easty

Click click boom
the new one wasnt even that funny. they made fun of trump, but that's about it. :thumbsdn:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
LiberatioN said:
I just watched American Dad following Family Guy. If you think about it (I don't know if it's already been stated) each character models a character on Family Guy. The Dad is Peter, the mom is Lois, the alien is Brian, the Older sister is Chris, and the younger brother is Meg. The only thing they're missing is Stewie, and he's probably the coolest character on that show. I Fox.
I think the fish is Stewie.

The show sucked. I wanted to like it. I really did. But both times I've seen it it sucked. Right after the Super Bowl and tonight. I had to force myself to sit through it thinking "Hey, it might grow on me." It didn't.

A smartass, narcissistic alien that can't leave the house but talks on the phone... yeah... If that's not ALF I don't know what is.

The Simpsons was great. Family guy ROCKS but saddly will probably be canceled again in a few weeks once they get enough complaints. But American Dad just sucked.

Descent

Hella Constipated

Sorry, couldn't resist, John Romero's Melvin comivs just suit this thread too well!

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Not as good as Family guy.. but its alright..

& why is StarDust holding her boob?