WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

american slang

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdx

paradox
having english as a second languare doesn't really bother me in everyday life, but it's a bit hard to udnerstand all the shit they say in films. the last film i've seen was mean girls, which i think is quite a good film, but with some shits in it. any of you here that are american are more than welcome to translate me what the following figures of speech mean:

freshmen
ROTC guys
preps
JV jocks
varsity jocks
burnouts

those are the names of different cliques at the school and so far they make no friggin sense to me. more to come ;)

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
freshmen - People in the 9th grade

ROTC guys - Bunch of dorky kids that dress up as Army Men, but really aren't in the Army.

preps - Pretty people, usually wealthy through their parents.

JV jocks - The 10th graders, and 11th graders that play sports.

varsity jocks - The 12th Graders that play sports.

burnouts - People that do drugs.

:thumbsup:

pdx said:
having english as a second languare doesn't really bother me in everyday life, but it's a bit hard to udnerstand all the shit they say in films. the last film i've seen was mean girls, which i think is quite a good film, but with some shits in it. any of you here that are american are more than welcome to translate me what the following figures of speech mean:

freshmen
ROTC guys
preps
JV jocks
varsity jocks
burnouts

those are the names of different cliques at the school and so far they make no friggin sense to me. more to come ;)
Freshmen - yea people in the 9th grade that everyone picks on because they just hit puberty and dont know what to do.

ROTC - Stands for reserve officer training core (i think) Its for people who want to join the army and if you join it you will get a higher rank in the army when you join it.

Preps - yea snobby stuck up people that think they are better then everyone else cuz they have money or are pretty or something stupid

JV Jocks - stands for Juinor Varcity Jocks. Basically the football studs that date the cheerleaders. Nothin big there.

Varcity jocks - Just a higher form of a jv jock

Burnout - When you take your car and spin the back tires so it kicks dirt at everyone standing behind you. or just leaves tire marks on the pavement.

Hope this helps.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
pdx said:

freshmen
ROTC guys
preps
JV jocks
varsity jocks
burnouts

You should have taken this to the Chit-Chat forum. Here in B&T,the regulars will have no choice in schooling you street-style. The forever infamous; WTF.com n00b 101. Class is now in sesson.
Good luck,kid.

BTW,when Jason or BRiT tell you it's time for your initiation....run.
Run like the wind blows,Forrest.

ODDDLY

West Coast Birth Life
Maybe he thought he would get slammed because he dosn't know this cool slang...? :confused:

gehtfuct said:
You should have taken this to the Chit-Chat forum. Here in B&T,the regulars will have no choice in schooling you street-style. The forever infamous; WTF.com n00b 101. Class is now in sesson.
Good luck,kid.

BTW,when Jason or BRiT tell you it's time for your initiation....run.
Run like the wind blows,Forrest.
Lol or you could just stay and take it like a man :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.